Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let's Play:

Pin It


Scrabble! OR, we could play ON a Scrabble board like this l'il winged tyke is doin' ... I'll even let you choose and go first!

Today's card was created in a New-York-Minute using a vintage-inspired stamped image, a CB'ed card stock background, some vintage anagram letter tiles, some Sinamay ribbon, and twine.

Some fun facts: I stamped my image on a scrap of "Ledger Combo" DP, (retired, I think), from Making Memories, I distressed the dickens out of some card stock using sharp scissors, I sanded the embossed card stock with a sanding block, and I sponged "Old Paper" Distress ink on the anagram tiles to make them look older. Which shouldn't have been necessary since they're over 50 years old, but unfortunately, they still look brand-new.

For the rest of the heart-poundin' deets, check out the Supply List, below.

So, last night we toddled over to Sheila's for dinner. The table-talk turned to sports and Sheila's DH, Ken, told us about his days playing football in college as a defensive lineman.

"Did you play sports in college?" Sheila asked my DH.

"Yes," he answered. "I was on the shooting team."

"That's great," she said, appropriately impressed. "Offense or defense?"

Give it a minute ... it'll grow on ya.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Ledger Combo" from Making Memories
  • Stamp: "Scrabble Angel" by Diva Impressions
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!; "Old Paper" Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Accessories: Vintage (1950) Anagram Letter Tiles; Sinamay Ribbon by Pixie Press; Twine by Stampin' Up; Waxed Linen by 7gypsies
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; "Distressed Stripes" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Sanding Block; Scotch ATG 714; "The Ultimate" Craft Glue by Api

8 comments:

Tina said...

Oooohhhh, this one's a keeper. Love the netting and the title. So fun!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the vintage feel and all the texture! Great distressing!! Looks victorian!

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
Sorry to hear that you were (are) having back issues. Hopefully today you feel a lot better today!
Your card is stunning girl! You are the queen of NY minute cards! The distressing, embossing and sanding resulted in a beautiful vintage style card!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Theresa said...

Beautiful vintage image. I love the distressed edges and ribbon. Hope you are feeling better!

Chris said...

LMAO! great story as always...sheila makes for some fine entertainment! love the card, love the vintage feel and the mesh! never wokred with mesh b4...happy friday!!

Elena said...

What a fun card! I love all of the embellishments you used! Love the distressing too!

Lisa Olson said...

I think this has got to be my fav I love this vintage style.
X

savy said...

Oh, you're KILLIN' me! Everything is so amazingly lovely these days I can't even pick a favorite!!!