Thursday, July 23, 2009

Eternal Summer ...

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

So, sadly, this is my last week guest designing for Theresa Momber, showcasing her terrific stamp set, "Happy Camper." This set isn't just about camping and fishing ... it also has some of the nicest sentiments I've seen. I decided to use one of the sentiments from the set for this project; it reads, "There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."

If you're interested in stamps ... as if ... this fantastical set is available at Gina K. Designs; you can see it HERE. It's been so much fun playing and creating with this set ... thanks so much, Theresa!

I created my background using alcohol inks on glossy card stock, then stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with detail embossing powder.

I created my butterfly with card stock and a Quickutz die, then sprayed the die-cut with a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water. I did the same with the dry embossed band under the sentiment. Here's a closer look:



If you're so inclined, and if wonky Blogger allows it, you might be able to you can click on the image for the ginormous view.

For the rest of the stupefying product info, check out the supply list below.

Soooooo, yesterday afternoon Sheila and I decided we needed to do some shopping. Her DH was home, so we escaped without you-know-who. And if you don't know who you-know-who is, it's Sheila's son, Reid-the-Wild-Child.

We returned three hours later to an empty house ... and a note from her DH on the fridge:

"Honey, I've taken Reid out for ice cream. Someone from the Guyna College called. They said Pabst beer is normal."

Have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Glossy Card Stock by Ranger; "Kiwi Kiss" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Alcohol Inks by Ranger; "Gold" Perfect Pearls by Ranger
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Happy Camper" Set Designed by Theresa Momber for Gina K. Designs
  • Accessories: Super-Fine Detail Embossing Powder by Ranger; Gold Pearls by Mark Richards
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Butterfly Die by Quikutz; Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Mini-Mister by Ranger; Perfect Layers by Stampin' Up!; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Tape
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

10 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this is so darned pretty. Love the background and that super cool butterfly.

Allison said...

Awesome...love the color palette and I want that die cut!

Elena said...

The colors you created are fantastic and buttefly is so pretty! Love this die-cut!
And what a beautiful and thoughtful sentiment!

redwasher1 said...

I'm still laughing!! Cute story. Your card is gorgeous!! I love it!! the is so perfect I was wondering what color ink that you used. Geri

Sharli said...

Every time I see this technique done I SWEAR I'm going to buy some alcohol inks and DO-It!!! I just love the background you've created here - it's STUNNING! The butterfly is very pretty, too and the overall card looks wonderful. (Well, how could you go wrong, really!?!)

Good one about Sheila!

Brenda said...

Thud!!! I love your card! Deb the background it FABULOUS! I think I need that butterfly die. Deb you have done such a wonderful job as Theresa's guest designer, you have found a way to show her set in ways that most people would never have thought of. Way to think out of the box, something I need to remember.

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, Deb! That is fabulous. What a luscious background. Yummy! Snort on the Guyna College!!! Too funny!

Ann said...

Wow oh wow, Deb, this is fabulous!!!

Chris said...

OMG!! that was too funny, but so man-like!!! pretty card...i am debating an order to gina k...need that ole bitty stamp....LOL

Maria Matter said...

This is gorgeous Deb! That background is a jaw dropper and the gold was the perfect accent!

Blessings, Maria