Friday, July 24, 2009

You're Somebirdy Special ...

Pin It


Happy Friday, Stampers! Tell me, is this card bright enough? LOL, I certainly hope so ...

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge. This week's CAS challenge, CAS24, is a color challenge: turquoise, orange, and yellow.

For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the challenge card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right on the photo.

I die-cut a Curvy Label out of card stock painted with Distress Crackle paint, punched out a scalloped edge, then die-cut my owl using scraps of card stock and a die from Quickutz.

For some added interest, I double-stamped my sentiment, slightly offsetting the stamped images. Isn't that interesting?

For all the fabulous-ish product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooo, yesterday was a crazy, nerve-wracking in-a-medical-way day for me, and I was just exhausted. So, I did what every red-blooded American woman does when she's stressed and exhausted: insist on being taken out to dinner. The DH agreed and even let me choose the restaurant.

Shortly after we were seated and given menus to study, our waitress arrived to take our orders.

"About the salmon entrée, is that a steak or a fillet?" I asked.

"Neither," she said. "It's a fish."

Duh.

Have a great weekend, my ISF's!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampers Select White Card Stock and Summer Sunrise Card Stock by Papertrey Ink; Tangerine Tango Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamp: Sentiment from Pretty Birds Set by Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Ink: Tangerine Tango Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Paint: Broken China Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger
  • Accessories: Glitz Designs "Frosting"
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Curvy Label Die by Spellbinders; Owl Die by Quickutz; Scallop Border Punch by Stampin' Up!; SAMJ by EK Success; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

16 comments:

knitwit said...

Back in the day, when my husband and I were still young lovebirds, we went to our local provincial park to take pictures for our college paper. One of the park rangers showed us an owl in a tree and we went about trying to get a good picture of it. Then the ranger's boss came out and gave us hell for disturbing the bird! Hubby did get a great shot though, and to this day, every time I see an owl, I remember that big, fat, loud guy yelling at us! Awesome card--actually they're all awesome, which is perhaps why I'm not getting any housework done here...

Elena said...

This card is so much fun! Love the colors! Crackled paint really gives a nice effect! Love how you stamped the sentiment!

Tina said...

Love all the details, super fun colors.

Crystal said...

Hey Deb your owl is GREAT!!! So bright and fun I LOVE IT!!! Fabulous design girl!!! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Bright and fabulous! I love orange, and that owl is adorable!

Sharli said...

Definitely bright! But great colors! I love the crackle paint on the shape - WAY cool!

Brenda said...

What a tough color combo, but you pulled it off wonderfully. I am not sure I would have been brave enough to even try. Fabulous card and what a great idea to use the crackle paint, love it!

Lori said...

Love the bright card, great job pulling off the combo. As for the salmon, they come as steaks and as fillets. That waitress just doesn't know her fish. SMILES!

Theresa Momber said...

Sooooo, stinkin' cute! Love this. At least you got to eat out for all that stress, and entertainment, too! Hope you are feeling better today.

Laura Evangeline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Evangeline said...

Great card!

Laura Evangeline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Risa said...

Your card is so pretty Deb! I love the clean and simple lines and your image is too cute!!! Great technique with the sentiment also...I really like the effect!
I hope you are feeling a lot better today:)
hugs
Risa:)

Allison said...

How bright and fun! I am gonna do this layout soon too!

Chris said...

LOL!! they must have been from maine!! your card is just awesome, love that super huge owl. when we gonna see the button bits-huh????