Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lose Yourself in Nature ...

Pin It


Happy Thursday, stampers! So nice of you to swing by and visit the ole blogstead!

Today's card project was created using stamps from the hand of the fantabulous artist, Theresa Momber. This set, "Happy Camper," is Theresa's newest set from Gina K. Designs. Clicky HERE to take a look at this must-have collection of outdoorsy stamps!

I was beyond thrilled when Theresa asked me to design some cards using this versatile set; I just prayed hoped I could do the collection justice. I'll let you be the judge ... in the days to come, I'll show you some of the other projects I created with this set.

This card also qualifies (just barely ... ), for this week's SCS Clean and Simple challenge, "Make it Sparkle." If you clicky on my photo, you'll notice I used glitzy brads from KI Memories ... and the ribbon is kinda sparkly, too. Right. So humor me. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the sparklin' CAS21 card gallery, clicky HERE.

For the rest of the heart-warming product info, check out the supply list, below.

So, the other day I was hangin' out at Sheila's when she got a phone call. Since it wasn't me, I figured it would be short and sweet.

Wrong. After about 20 minutes, I finally mouthed, "Is everything okay?"

Ken, her DH, laughed and said, "Don't worry, Deb. She'll only be another 40 minutes or so."

With that, Sheila hung up the phone.

"Wow," Ken said, "You were on the phone for less than half an hour!"

"Yeah," Sheila replied, "it was a wrong number."

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Berry" from Funky Vintage - Lizzie Collection by Making Memories
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Happy Camper" by Theresa Momber for Gina K. Designs
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Glitzy Brads by KI Memories; Ribbon by American Crafts
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

12 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Deb, this is fab! I love your CAS design. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us! Snort over the Sheila story. One of these days you need to let her hijack your blog and tell her side of the story!

Sharli said...

Deb,
Great card! I love the colors together and the sentiment is placed perfectly - makes the card very balanced and pleasing!

Chris said...

pretty card! love the colors you chose!

Erica B. said...

What a cool set. I love what you did with it! I hope your summer is going well. Me? I'm chasing the crazy kids around.

Curt in Carmel said...

The color combo on this is wonderful Deb! I love this card! Best, Curt

Elena said...

I love this card, Deb! And the sentiment is so beautiful! I am looking forward for more cards with this stamp set!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

very sweet, luv the sentiment...great job!
enjoy *~*

Maria Matter said...

This is striking Deb! You're a wonderfully talented lady and obviously Theresa saw your potential using her beautiful stamps! I can't wait to see what you'll show us!

Have a blast this holiday weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Allison said...

Super cool DP...makes for a fun and fast card! Great job!

Susan said...

Great color combination! I love the simplicity of the design with the touch of sparkle!

Brenda said...

Great card Deb, a nice use of the sentiment.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Stunning!!!!!! I love the elegant lines & that colour combo (But I expect no less from you my Dear!) I have missed your classy projects & your sassy humour SO much. More than I can say. A bazillion apologies for being a cruddy blog buddy and a gamillion hugs, :O) mel