Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rich Razzleberry Primrose ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, hampers!

Today's card project was created using card stock and dye ink from Stampin' Up's new "In Color," Rich Razzleberry. Is this not a great color, or what?!? Yum! Clicky on the photo for a closer look at the yumminess.

I stamped my primrose image twice on Very Vanilla card stock using Rich Razzleberry dye ink, colored the flower and leaves with Copic markers, then layered the second colored image over the first for dimension. {breathe ...}

I cut out the stamped image with a Megabilities Curvy Rectangle die then mounted the image on a larger die using foam tape.

I'll add an appropriate sentiment to the inside of my card as the stamped image takes up a lot of real estate.

For the rest of the razzle-dazzle, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, this weekend Sheila and I took a hike through the Loxahatchee Refuge which is part of the Florida Everglades.

As we're hiking along, we come across a sign that reads, "Beware of Panthers." Okay, YIKES!!

"Gee, I wish I wore my running sneakers." Sheila said.

"Ummm, what's the difference?" I asked, "It's not like you're gonna outrun a panther!"

"Actually," Sheila replied, "all I have to do is outrun you."

This from my dearest friend ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Textured Card Stock by Bazzill Basics; "Very Vanilla" and "Rich Razzleberry" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamp: "Primrose" by Stampourri
  • Ink: "Rich Razzleberry" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon by Close to My Heart
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Megabilities Dies by Spellbinders Paper Arts; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Tape
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

14 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a striking color and I love how you did the background.

Brenda said...

BEAUTIFUL, I love the colors and your coloring is fantastic.

Crystal said...

Deb girl this card is sooo striking...love love these colors together...BEAUTIFUL

wendyp said...

So pretty!

Julia Aston said...

This is a super color Deb! love those nestie frames and the pretty popped up flower!

Maria Matter said...

Now that's a stunner! Wow!
And that is quite a yummy color! great job Deb!
blessings, Maria

Danni said...

So very pretty!! Wonderful job!

Elena said...

Oh, I love the new color! The card is so beautiful, Deb!!! Love how you did the background!

Sharli said...

Deb,
This card is so pretty! The color is indeed yummy, it makes me think of berry sorbet or a nice merlot on a summer afternoon with the light shining through the glass . . .

Your flowers are so stunning - copics. I'm SO on the fence about them, and here you are shoving me!

Cindy Haffner said...

So very beautiful.

Allison said...

Gorgeous...just love how you used this color (I find it a little scary but I think I just need to get used to it!).

The Wired Angel said...

Love your card Deb... just beautiful and I'll have to do some variation of it soon.

But I really LOVE your humor...it's great to see another stamper who has a lot of fun.

Theresa Momber said...

This is so, so pretty! I love that gorgeous flower!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is a very cool color and you did a wonderful job with it. This card is really pretty! Best, Curt