Monday, July 13, 2009

Joyful Trees ...

Pin It


Yay, it's Monday again; hope your weekend was fantastical!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Ways to Use It" challenge, WT226, "Christmas in July."

I created my holiday card for the challenge with this fun craft stamp, Joyful Trees, from Stamps Happen, Inc. by Janlynn. Clicky HERE to take a look at this kewl stamp. And while you're there, don't forget to check out Janlynn's "Christmas in July" sale ... it ends tomorrow! Clicky HERE to go right straight to the sale.

I paper-pieced the image using DP from Daisy D's "Snowflakes & Holly" collection, die-cut some l'il stars, and added some grosgrain ribbon. Easy-peasy!

For all the Christmas in July challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the Christmas in July card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo.

For the rest of the joyful product info, check out the supply list, below.

So, this weekend, Sheila called me and begged me to take Reid-the-Wild-Child off her hands for an hour or seven.

"Goin' shopping?" I asked.

"No, no, nothing like that. I have a splitting headache and the aspirin bottle says, "take two aspirin and keep away from children."

"But, but, but ..." I sputtered.

Yup, I lost that argument ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampers Select White by Papertrey Ink; Always Artichoke by Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: Snowflakes & Holly Collection (Retired) by Daisy D's
  • Craft Stamp: "Joyful Trees" from Stamps Happen, Inc. by Janlynn
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Long Rectangle Die by Spellbinders; Snowflake #2 Die by Provo Craft; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Tape
  • Finished Size: 7 1/2" x 5"

15 comments:

Elena said...

So cute! I really love the paper piecing on the trees and ribbon is so beautiful!
Love how Sheila reads the instuctions on the bottle! :)
Thank you for brinning a smile this morning, Deb!

Crystal said...

OOO Deb what a wonderful creation girly!! Love your paper pieced trees, ribbon, and colors!! What a beauty!

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
I love your card, the paper piercing is beautiful and such a lovely patterns! The wide ribbon is terrific also!
hugs
Risa:)

Janine said...

This is fantastic Deb!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh cool i love your card!!!

Tina said...

Hey there - I am so loving this card of yours...I am going to become a follower since I am diggin your blog and all your samples...

question for you-do you have an ebay store - I think I have bought from you in the past if it you I am thinking of - did you used to make vintage paper bag album/altered things??

just curious

xo

Sharli said...

Deb,

What a wonderful card! I love the paper piecing and the diagonal striped ribbon! WAY COOL!!! I want to try to make this one . . .

So, did you ask Sheila for two aspirins when you returned Reid?

Theresa Momber said...

This totally rocks, Deb! You are the master of paper piecing! Love it.

LOL on the Sheilism.

Ann said...

Oooh, so festive, Deb! LOVE the paper piecing and that ribbon!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card, I love the paper piecing. TFS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Deb!! Love your paper piecing!! Awesome creation!

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous christmas card Deb, quite modern to!
Clairex

LeAnne said...

I am LOVIN' this card! So puts me in the Christmas spirit!

wendyp said...

oh WOW! Love those paper pieced christmas trees! Fantastic card!

Maria Matter said...

I love the pp trees, especially with such gorgeous paper! This looks fantastical!

Ok, you showed us Halloween and now Christmas (which is fun to see when it's so hot!) What will be next...can't wait to see! Always fun to visit you Deb!
Take care
Blessings, Maria