Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gone Fishing ... I'm on a Nature-Bender!

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

That's right ... a nature-bender. Every since I received Theresa Momber's "Happy Camping" set, I've been creating up a storm with it. You can see the whole set HERE.

This card was created for the Gina K. Designs' June Release Party on Splitcoast Stampers. It just occurred to me now that I'd never posted it here. Soooooo, here it is!

So do you remember those ancient stacks of photography scrapbook paper that were available about 5 years ago? Well, the "water" on my card was created using one of those papers. Now, by the numbers: I bought this stack containing approximately 100 sheets of 12 x 12 paper about 60 months ago for $12.99 and have used exactly 1 sheet. That works out to ... an incredible waste of space and money. But let's just keep this on the down-low, okeedokee?

For the rest of the all-natural, 100% organic product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooo, yesterday Sheila and I went to the Barnes & Noble in Boynton Beach to a book-signing.

Sheila brought two books from home, and purchased the new one, so we waited in line so she could get all three books autographed.

Finally, it was our turn.

"My husband really likes your books," Sheila said to the author. "I thought I'd give him these signed copies for a birthday present."

"A surprise, eh?" hazarded the author.

"I'll say," Sheila agreed. "He's expecting a new table saw."

Thanks for swingin' by!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper: DCWV Giant Nature Stack
  • Stamps: Raccoon, Sign, Fish, Grass, and Sentiment from "Happy Camper" Set by Theresa Momber for Gina K. Designs
  • Ink: Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko; "Sky Blue" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Twig from My Yard; Crochet Thread by DMC
  • Tools: "Waves" Decorative Edge Scissors by Provo Craft; Handmade Cloud Template; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Glue Dots by Mini-Glue Dots; Foam Tape
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

12 comments:

Tina said...

You are so clever. This card is super adorable.

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful! Love the 'real' feel this card has...fantastic clouds too!
Great job Deb!
Blessings, Maria

Elena said...

What a cute fishing scene! You do an awesome cards with this stamp set!
Oh, I also have this paper stack, barely used it...

Brenda said...

Fabulous card!!!

Chris said...

cute 'beaver' card!! i mean coon card!!! LOL i got some of that paper laying around too...thinking about donating it to good will...$12.99 off my taxes....>"<

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Deb! I love the water seen...very pretty and creative!
hugs
Risa:)

Sharli said...

Hi Deb,
I know exactly what you mean about the pad of expensive paper! Wow.

I do LOVE the card, so it may have been worth it, LOL.

I also LOVE your Sheila story - as always, I look forward to seeing what wonderful art you've created and reading what amusing story you've posted!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love this!!!! That raccoon is adorable and I love the scene you created! I've done the same thing with buying those stacks and using 2 or 3 sheets. Oh well, at least we have a sizable, impressive stash! LOL Loved the Sheila story as usual. You should consider writing a book with those stories. It would be a best seller! Best, Curt

Theresa Momber said...

You know I love this one! So cute to have a fishing coon. TFS!!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Oh so cute Deb - you've done a great job showcasing Theresa's set - it is one of my faves! No - we won't "go there" with the supplies that we don't use :-)

redwasher1 said...

Wow! This is just perfect, love the fishing raccoon!!

Lori said...

Great fishin' pole!