Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Tent or Yours?

Pin It


Happy Thursday, campin' stampers!

Today's card project was created using the fantabulous "Happy Camper" set by the uber-talented, Theresa Momber for Gina K. Designs. You NEED this set ... it's so wonderful that it makes even MY coloring look good! For a look at the entire set, clicky HERE. Oh ... and while you're there, check out Theresa's previous stamp set, "Out West." Love that one, too ...

I stamped the mountains directly on my card stock base, then stamped the tent, the lantern, the campfire, and the marshmallow sticks on scraps. All the card elements were colored with Copic markers, cut out, and adhered to my card base using foam tape. I added just a teeny bit of Liquid Applique to the tiny l'il marshmallows.

I used a freehand acetate template and fluid chalk ink to create my cloudy sky ... if you click on the photo, I think you can see it ...

For the rest of the stupefying product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooo, last night Sheila and I decided we HAD to go to Mike's ... and we had to bring Reid-the-Wild-Child with us.

As we're ridin' along enjoying the tropical scenery and stuff, Reid suddenly asks, "Auntie, what does 'horny' mean?"

"Yikes! Well, Reid, your Mommy is sitting right here and I know that she would LOVE to answer your question. In fact, she might be very hurt and sad if you didn't let her answer. You wouldn't want that, would you? And, know what? I'm glad you asked Reid 'cuz I've wondered what that word means too."

"Thanks. Thanks a LOT. I WILL get you for this." Sheila whispered through clenched teeth.

So for the next ten minutes Sheila nervously explained what horny meant in a sweet, romantic, PG-13 kinda way. But she was clearly suffering; and I couldn't help but giggle ... jess a little. To myself. She was so stressed, it was hard to watch ... almost.

When Sheila finished, I couldn't resist: "Hey, Reid, where exactly did you hear the word 'horny?'

"Well, today at Scout camp, my den leader was talking about the animals we would learn about tomorrow. And he said one of them is the Horny Toad."

Oh. Horny Toads ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Happy Camper" Set by Gina K. Designs
  • Ink: Dark Brown and Sky Blue Fluid Chalk Inks by Clearsnap, Inc.
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Foam Tape
  • Tools: Acetate Cloud Template; White Liquid Applique; Heat Tool; Olfa Craft Knife
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

7 comments:

Tina said...

Love this, especially the title of your post.

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! That sky is soooo cool! Gorgeous coloring, Deb! I would have loved to have heard Sheila's explanation.

Brenda said...

Oh Deb I love your stories, this one made me giggle out loud which cause a weird look from my husband! You card is fab and your coloring is awesome. You have been doing a rockin' great job with Theresa's set.

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Deb! Your scenery is beautiful and your coloring is very pretty! Fantastic job with the sky,it hypnotizing if you stare it a few seconds... it's amazingly real looking!
All I can do is shake my head at you and Sheila. You two remind me of Lucy and Ethel...so funny!
hugs
Risa:)

Sharli said...

Love the card Deb! Your coloring is beautiful - I could just crawl into that tent!

The stories you tell must be true - they're too funny to make up! This one had me laughing out loud!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is stunning, Deb! Coloring is so beautiful!

Lori said...

I'm so glad Theresa had a link to your blog. Beautiful coloring, I like your style. Your story is so funny!!! Always ask WHERE they hear the word first, lol.