Happy Thursday, race fans!
Today's card project was created using the "Happy Camper" set designed by Theresa Momber for Gina K. Designs. I have fallen in love with this set ... I can't believe how many projects I've created using it ... and I still love it! If you're ready to fall in love, clicky HERE.
In case you were wondering about my post title, I stamped my "Gone Camping" sentiment on real birch bark! Really! I used StazOn solvent ink but I don't think it was necessary; I suspect it would work just as well using your favorite dye ink. Give it a try!
Oh. And if you have any birch trees in your yard, would you mind mailing me some? I've been hoarding this bit for years and now I need to replenish my birch-bark-supply ... sadly, birch trees don't grow down here. Come to think of it, the age of this bark may have something to do with it taking ink so well ...
I stamped my tent image on Stamper's Select card stock then stamped a mask on a Post-It note, catching as much of the sticky part as possible. Then I over stamped my vintage PSX Black Walnut tree image ... easy-peasy!
TIP: To mask without leaving a "halo" around your original stamped image, trim your mask inside the outline of your stamped image. Works every time!
I drew a horizon, sponged on lots of Distress inks, and added these funky l'il leaves I've had for-evuh. I don't even know where I got them, that's how long I've had 'em.
For the rest of the stupefying product info, check out the supply list, below.
So, Sheila hosted her annual 4th of July Extravaganza on, strangely enough, the 4th of July. She always tries to have something special just for the kiddies, and this year she hired a clown. I would have told you this story sooner but ... well, I forgot.
"So Reid, who's coming to your house tomorrow with with wild hair, a big nose, and huge feet?" I asked the Wild Child.
"Oh," Reid replied, "It's Uncle Larry, right?"
Ummm, Uncle Larry is my DH ...
- Card Stock: Textured and Black Card Stock by Bazzill Basics; Stamper's Select White Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
- Other Paperish Thing: Real Birch Bark from a Real Birch Tree
- Stamps: Sentiment and Tent from Gina K. Designs; Black Walnut Tree by PSX
- Ink: Sentiment Stamped in StazOn Solvent Ink by Tsukineko; Tree and Tent Images Stamped in "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko; "Brushed Corduroy," "Faded Jeans," "Mustard Yellow," and "Dried Marigold" Distress Inks by Ranger Industries
- Color Medium: Copic Markers
- Accessories: Plastic Leaves, Unknown
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders Paper Arts; Corner Rounder Punch by CarlaCraft; Inkssentials Ink Tool by Ranger Industries; Zig Markers; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Tape; Mini Glue Dots
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"