Monday, July 20, 2009

Life IS Beautiful .. Just Not So Simple

Pin It


Happy Monday, stampers! Hope your weekend was fabulous!

Today's card project was created using Stampin' Up's "Decorative Dots" background stamp, a Cosmo Cricket striptease thingie, and a chipboard butterfly.

Don't stare at this too long, though. You're liable to start seeing spots ...

For all the simplistic product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, this weekend Sheila held a l'il family barbecue and invited all the grandparents and in-laws. Oh, and me and the DH.

Reid-the-Wild-Child was so happy to see his maternal grandmother that he ran up and gave her a big hug.

"I'm so happy to see you, Nana ... now Daddy will have to do that trick he promised to do!"

"What trick is that, Sweetie?"

"I heard Daddy tell Mommy that he would climb the walls if you came to visit us again!"

Have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamp: "Decorative Dots" Backgrounder by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Sunflower Yellow Solvent Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Chipboard Butterfly; Faux Gemstones; Black Tiger's Tail
  • Tools: Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb girl I LOVE this!!! This looks wonderful and I LOVE butterflies and the colors of this one...well I LOVE IT!!!! Beautiful work as always girl!!! Hugs!

Tina said...

Deb, this is just terrific. I love the colors and that super cool butterfly.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Deb! Love the butterfly and the colors!! Very summery!

Theresa Momber said...

Well, I stared at it til I saw dots and I still can't figure out what the striptease thingie is. Oh, wait, is the the sentiment???? That is way cool. I need to get out more. Love your card! Fab bright colors.

Risa said...

Your card is gorgeous Deb! I love your butterfly and the colors are beautiful together!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria Matter said...

Now who would think to put spots on dots? An artist of course...and it works. Wowzer, Deb, this is fantastic! I love the floaty summery feel this has!
You inspired me, I'm gonna go pull out my plaids and checkereds! lol
Have a super duper day!
blessings, Maria

Kim Dellow said...

I love your butterfly! So cool. Kim

Elena said...

Love your card, Deb! The butterfly is so pretty!

Chris said...

OMG!!! that was funny!! the card is absolutley divine!! and thanks now i am seeing dots...or is that my normal sight....HMMMMM...

Curt in Carmel said...

Love these patterns and colors together! Very cheery. Your Sheila stories crack me up! Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt