Friday, January 15, 2010

1 15 Minute Project ='s 3 Challenge Entries

Pin It


TGiF Stampers!

Today's colorful card project was created for the Color Throwdown challenge #75. This week's challenge called for Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry, and Mellow Moss ... three colors I would never have thought to combine ... 'cuz I'm chicken. For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

Since I used the new SU bird punch and my sentiment is from SU's new Whimsical Words stamp set, the card also qualifies for SCS's Ways to Use It challenge, WT252, "In With the New." For all the details, clicky HERE. To go straight to the WT252 card gallery, clicky HERE.

And for my third challenge, it's back again to Splitcoast Stampers for WT253, "Where's the Birdie." For info on this challenge, clicky HERE. To go straight to the WT253 card gallery, clicky HERE. If you like bird images, you have gotta check out this awesome card gallery!

And to think I swore I'd never be one of those kinda challenge players ...

The hardest thing about this project was photographing it ... you've prolly noticed my below-par photo. The card itself was created in less than 15 Minutes.

I used the new Stampin' Up Extra-Large Two-Step Bird Punch, available in the Occasions Mini-Catalog, to create my focal point, then stamped the sentiment, a free-with-a-$50-purchase Sale-a-bration item, in Garden Green dye ink. A bit of embossing, a lot of dimensionals, and finis. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For all the fascinating product info, check out the supply list below.

Soooooooo, last night was my mostly-irregular Girl's Night Out. The usual cast of irregular characters often includes Sheila's psychotic fun sister, Jill. Jill is very attractive, single, and a dating machine. Seriously, you need a scorecard to keep track of who's who when. We live vicariously through her ...

"So, how was your blind date last weekend?" our friend Barb asked Jill.

"Omigosh, Barb, just terrible! He showed up in a 1932 Rolls-Royce!"

"Well, what's so terrible about that?"

"He was the original owner."

Those of you keeping score (hi Chickies!), please scratch this player ...

Thanks so much for stopping by today; I really appreciate it. Have a fantastic weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: "Whimsical Words" Sale-a-bration Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Garden Green" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Oval Dies; A2 Embossing Folder; Extra-Large Two-Step Bird Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Purchase Stampin' Up products online 24/7 ... click HERE to shop!

14 comments:

Tina said...

What a fun card! Perfect colors too! Loving that punch, trying to resist it.

Joan said...

This is a great card Deb. I finally ordered this stamp and can't wait until it arrives. Have a great weekend.

Davi said...

Love what you did with those colors and the dimension of the bird!!

debhorst said...

Hey Deb--it's Deb in VA!! I am flying into West Palm on the 28th and will be in Jupiter (keeping my sister's 4 boys so she can got to a conference with her husband) for 5 days!! Are you close to Jupiter?? It is always fun to meet other demonstrators.

Anyway back to your card--I love it so clean and crisp--love the bird punch--isn't it the best!! I have had so much fun with it. Great job on pulling these colors together!! Thanks for playing along with the CTD Challenge!!

knitwit said...

I love that card. I find at this time of year I need to see a good splash of colour every 15 minutes or so, or I find myself thinking of going back to bed!!

Sharli said...

Deb, this is another one of those fabulous punches that goes with the stamps, huh! OMG that makes life SO easy!!! Your card is cute - and how fun that it qualified for so many challenges!

LeAnne said...

Wow, Deb--this is awesome! Clean, quick, packs a punch---just perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE the sweet simplicity! That die-cut bird is awesome! Thanks for playing!

Ann said...

Love this one, Deb! Great job with the colors!

Elena said...

I can't believe you made it in 15 minutes, it's so gorgeous! I like, like the colors and all the texture! Love this bird too!

Curt in Carmel said...

OMG Deb, rolling of the floor laughing at the rolls! So funny. I too would have bee chicken to try these colors but they are beautiful together and you did a wonderful job with them! As for your question on my blog, follow the link below:

http://curtsplayhouse.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html

That is the post that you are asking about! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Deb!!!
you certainly rocked these colors!!!

Blessings, Maria

Chris said...

i wish i had the balls to do a 15 minute card!! but i don't, infact i've given up on cards...i amke them, ppl throw them away. i quit, going to buy mine at hallmark. it is a cute card!!

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, you really made those colors work! Gorgeous!