Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Hybrid Valentine: Saving Energy One Card at a Time ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's hybrid card project was created for SCS's Sketch Challenge, SC263. For all the challenging deets, including a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC263 card gallery, clicky HERE. To see the ginormous view of my card, clicky THERE on the photo.

This sketch is a good one and I really enjoyed using it this week. It looks like you did a lot of fussing with the card, but you didn't. Or is that just me? Either way, I'll definitely use this layout again.

I used digital files to create the patterned paper and inked up two of my most-favorite-new-stamps, added some ribbon, a tiny tag, and three l'il rosy-red bling-dots. Easy-peasy and saves energy, too ... I think. Does it?

For all the half-natural, homemade goodness, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out with Sheila and her sister, Jill. Jill was paging through an old issue of Cosmopolitan ... she likes to take the quizzes. And oh! she just "adores" their "fact-finding." To wit:

"So listen to this: according to Cosmo, men say the first thing that they notice about a woman is their eyes." Jill reported.

"Oh, yeah?" Sheila countered, "And I say the first thing that women notice about men is that they're a bunch of liars."

Check. Mate.

Thanks so much for swingin' by today; I really appreciate it!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" by Stampin' Up
  • Patterned Paper: Digital, Unknown
  • Stamps: "Love You Much" Sentiment Stamp from "Well Scripted" Stamp Set (Page 19, Occasions Mini-Catalog), by Stampin' Up; "Love" Sentiment from "Tiny Tags" Stamp Set (Page 28, Occasions Mini-Catalog), by Stampin' Up
  • Dye Ink: Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Rose Red Flat-Back Pearls; Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Oval Dies; Medium Jewelry Tag (Page 11, Occasions Mini-Catalog) by Stampin' Up; Doily Border Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size; 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb this is fabulous, i love your layout what a beautiful Valentine!

Maria Matter said...

oooo, seriously beautiful Deb! Love the clean crisp look of this design!! The sentiment font is fab!!!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Davi said...

Very pretty...Love the dots and stripes together!!

Christine (Craftling) said...

Hi, Deb.. Thanks so much for the visit and kind comment. :o) Lovin' your pretty pink card here! So cute, and had a scan through some recent posts, and they're all lovely. (Gotta love those Nestabilities, and the SU products can't fail.) Love your sense of humour, and your blog design is gorgeous! I also think you're very good-looking and you probably have lovely children, too, lol!!! (chuckle!!)

Have been here before. Thank you for bringing me back again. I enjoyed my visit.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Diane said...

Such a lovely card Deb!!!

Joan said...

Oh this looks like candy! I love it. I can't wait to get that stamp set myself!

Allison said...

So very pretty! Love the layout and DP!

chercroppin said...

Hi Deb, thanks for stopping by and leaving comments on my blog...I really appreciate that!

This card is just so sweet! I LOVE that sentiment, and those papers, and your scallops....so pretty!

Janine said...

Love your card and I just love that sentiment... The font is beautiful!!

redwasher1 said...

This is a wonderful crafted card!! Just perfect!!

Chris said...

check mate is right! we all know what they notice and it ain't the freakin eyes, PEOPLE!! my hubs will straight up tell you why he married me and it ain't my baby blues...lol what's on the agenda for the pulpit this weekend? i have never been so excited to sit on a hard pew and let someone tell me what to do!!! lmfao!!

super cute card...will it be going to the lover of your "eyes"?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Ooh!! Look at all that pink!! This is stunning!! Love the punched border in the middle, your image panel and that dp combo is awesome!! Gorgeous creation!
hugs,
Chris

Risa said...

Wow....your card is really rocking Deb! I love the pink/white color combo and the border is delicious!
hugs
Risa:)

Shirley said...

Love your card and the little tag too! Sheila is smarter than she sounds most of the time!