Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We Do Chicken Right!

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created for no good reason ... but I s'pose it would be appropriate to use for Valentine's Day or as an anniversary card. No worries, I'll get rid of it somehow!

The card DOES qualify for a challenge or three though! Little Red Wagon's challenge today is to use hearts. You can check out this challenge HERE. This week's Crazy 4 Challenges challenge is to use a pink color scheme; you can read all those deets, HERE. Finally, the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week is Hearts and Romance. For all the challenging deets for this challenge, clicky HERE.

I stamped my image in fabulous-fun-flirty "Melon Mambo" dye ink, die-cut it, triple matted it, punched a scallop trim border, added some ribbon, and attached a simple knot bow. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For the 4-1-1 on all the exciting products I used, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooooo, yesterday afternoon Sheila and I teamed up to do a bunch of errands. You know, the usual bank-dry-cleaner-grocery-store run. A bonus: Sheila drove, so I saved gas!

As we were heading for home, Sheila decided to stop and pick up a bucket of chicken for dinner. I stayed in the car and while waiting, a mutual friend of ours spotted me and toddled over to yakkity-yak.

We were going on and on and only noticed Sheila when she got in the car. And then Sheila had to get all caught up with our friend, too. Twenty minutes later, we drove off and headed for home.

We were {this close} to home when a State Trooper came flyin' up behind us. He flashed on those annoying lights and squawked his ear-splitting siren at us ... the universal signals for "pull over, you're about to get a very expensive ticket."

The State Trooper walks up to the driver's side, bends down, and hands Sheila a bucket of chicken. I think, 'OMG, she must she must have put the bucket on the roof of her car and forgot about it!'

But Sheila says:

"Oh, no thanks, Officer, I just bought some."

Thanks so much for swinging by today!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Melon Mambo," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Stampin' Up (Retired)
  • Stamp: Club Scrap
  • Ink: "Melon Mambo" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: "Chocolate Chip" Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangular Die; Corner Chomper; Mini-Glue Dots; Scallop Trim Border Punch by Stampin' Up; Perfect Layers (Retired) by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up

Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

17 comments:

chelemom said...

Love your Valentine card! Your story is too funny!

chercroppin said...

Gorgeous Deb! That's my fave ribbon!

And your story is too funny girl!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Deb you are soooo funny girl!!! I LOVE your Valentine that ribbon is sooo yummy, love how you used it!

Tina said...

Good heavens, this is astounding! Love it.

Chris said...

this is very pretty, i too love that ribbon! i always come here and wonder why i don't buy more SU...but then forget to go look...senior moment, i s'pose. i have lots of those nowadays. i really have to sit down and drink with sheila...and maybe get some chicken...>"<

Elena said...

What a funny story, Deb!
I love the colors of this card! And what a pretty border! Love this heart stamp too! :)

Maria Matter said...

too funny Deb!!! I haven't seen chicken in a bucket foreveh...we keep ours in the chicken house! hehe

fabulous valentine, love this fun image & all that pink!!!!

blessings, Maria

Tina said...

wow - what a cute card love the colors...all your cards are in the pink - perfect for this time of the year.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the ribbon and the stamps you used!! The pink and brown is stunning. Gorgeous border!
hugs,

Sharli said...

Great Valentine card Deb! I made the mistake of reading your blog on my lunch break at work - and when I laughed out loud - had to quickly hide what I was doing! LOL

You are SO funny!
Hugs!

Rosemary said...

Cute card and cute story.

Joanne said...

Very pretty card and your story was hilarious! Thanks for an early morning laugh :) I am glad that you joined us at Little Red Wagon. I hope to see you again.
Joanne xo

Avril Tanner said...

Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

Vicky said...

Great story...and something I would probably do...lol

I love your card.It's so vibrant..the ribbon is really nice I would'nt mind some of that...

It's perfect for our challenge...

x
Vicky

Thank's for joining in...

judie said...

Have to agree with Vicky as wel lol, great card, have to get me some of the melon ink, its so stunning, thanks for playing with us at crafty cardmaker xx

Shirley said...

The whole card is awesome!!!

Rosanne said...

Pretty card and great story!Thanks for playing along at LRW!