Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Day Late, A Dollar Short ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created for Pals Paper Arts' Sketch challenge, PPA24. For all the challenging deets, including a look-see at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE.

Unfortunately, I'm a day late in posting this project, but I thought it more important to post up the Craft Talk video (see post below), yesterday. For those who prefer to click your way through Blogdom, you can see the video by clicky-ing HERE.

As I was editing this photo I realized that a lot of the product I used on this card is retired Stampin' Up! Oh well, the Very Vanilla card stock, Soft Suede ink, and the uber-kewl Scroll Border Punch are still available from Stampin' Up. The thing is ... the border punch can't be purchased ... it's a Sale-a-bration freebie.

For all the a-mazing product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, Sheila is checking out parochial schools in the area. She wants Reid-the-Wild-Child to have a more "pious educational experience." No, I don't make this stuff up. Frankly, who could?

So, naturally, Sheila is visiting these schools during regular class hours to check things out. Yesterday, she wanted company and so, naturally, I was dragged along, too. Not that I had anything useful to add to the conversation, with the possible exception of saying: "Good Lord, why am I here" repeatedly.

We parked the car and were heading for the school when we passed the School/Church rectory. It was then that we noticed a elderly Priest tending a flower garden.

Sheila, sensing a brown-nose-moment, had to stop and ask after the flowers.

"Father," she cooed, "these flowers are absolutely gorgeous! They look as though the cold hasn't bothered them one bit!"

"Why, thank you. Yes, they seem to be doing okay with the chilly weather," said the Priest, "but sadly, they suffer from a disease known as the 'Black Death.'"

"Oh, my, sounds serious. Just what exactly is that, Father?" Sheila asked.

"Nuns with scissors."

Which shall be the name of my new craft/religion blog ...

Thanks so much for swinging by today. Hope your day is ... heavenly!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Baja Breeze (Retired), Riding Hood Red (Retired), and Very Vanilla Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Bare Tree and Bird Images from "Branch Out" Stamp Set (Retired), by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red (Retired), and Soft Suede Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (Retired), by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Scroll Border Punch by Stampin' Up (Available as a Sale-A-Bration Gift - FREE with a $50 Purchase); Corner Rounder Punch by Stampin' Up; Perfect Layers Tool (Retired), by Stampin' Up; 1/8" Star Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 5" x 5"

13 comments:

Maria Matter said...

ooo, I love this tree stamp!!!
lovely card and colors Deb...such a classic look!!! fab ribbon too!!
Have a super duper day!
Blessings, Maria

Risa said...

Hello Deb and Happy New Year blessings to you dear!
Your card is such a cutie! I love your image!! I also checked out the video in yesterday's post and I think it is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing it and have a beautiful day.
hugs
Risa:)

Crystal said...

Deb this is GREAT I LOVE that yummy ribbon!!!! Fabulous card!!

Purplestamper said...

hello...I'm a SU demo from BC Canada. Happy to have found your sight\. :-) Love your work

purplestamper316 said...

*Nuns with scissors* absolutely hilarious :) <><

Allison said...

Nice and simple...love the color choices today!

Sharli said...

Super card, Deb!
Black death. Seriously! I still don't know whether you make it up or not . . . but if you do, you are one smart cookie!

Chris said...

yo ho!! i am so coming to your religious blog to worship...sounds like soemthing i can totally wrap my tiny brain around...my dad told us stores about the evil nuns...lol love the card even tho the supplies are retired...i still want that damn tree of friendship set...>"<

knitwit said...

I would totally follow "Nuns With Scissors"!! Hysterical!
Beautiful card--and we can always search around and substitute something similar for the retired stuff. That's part of the fun!

Elena said...

Beautiful tree stamp! Love how you created border! Ribbon is so gorgeous!

Joan said...

Very cute Deb. I really do like this set!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love this sweet card! That ribbon is gorgeous with it! And I can attest to the nuns! I went to Catholic school for 8 years! LOL Best, Curt

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful design, Deb! That tree is fab!