Happy Stump Day, Hampers!
Today's card project was created for Pals Paper Arts' Sketch challenge, PPA24. For all the challenging deets, including a look-see at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE.
Unfortunately, I'm a day late in posting this project, but I thought it more important to post up the Craft Talk video (see post below), yesterday. For those who prefer to click your way through Blogdom, you can see the video by clicky-ing HERE.
As I was editing this photo I realized that a lot of the product I used on this card is retired Stampin' Up! Oh well, the Very Vanilla card stock, Soft Suede ink, and the uber-kewl Scroll Border Punch are still available from Stampin' Up. The thing is ... the border punch can't be purchased ... it's a Sale-a-bration freebie.
For all the a-mazing product info, check out the supply list, below.
Soooooooo, Sheila is checking out parochial schools in the area. She wants Reid-the-Wild-Child to have a more "pious educational experience." No, I don't make this stuff up. Frankly, who could?
So, naturally, Sheila is visiting these schools during regular class hours to check things out. Yesterday, she wanted company and so, naturally, I was dragged along, too. Not that I had anything useful to add to the conversation, with the possible exception of saying: "Good Lord, why am I here" repeatedly.
We parked the car and were heading for the school when we passed the School/Church rectory. It was then that we noticed a elderly Priest tending a flower garden.
Sheila, sensing a brown-nose-moment, had to stop and ask after the flowers.
"Father," she cooed, "these flowers are absolutely gorgeous! They look as though the cold hasn't bothered them one bit!"
"Why, thank you. Yes, they seem to be doing okay with the chilly weather," said the Priest, "but sadly, they suffer from a disease known as the 'Black Death.'"
"Oh, my, sounds serious. Just what exactly is that, Father?" Sheila asked.
"Nuns with scissors."
Which shall be the name of my new craft/religion blog ...
Thanks so much for swinging by today. Hope your day is ... heavenly!
- Card Stock: Baja Breeze (Retired), Riding Hood Red (Retired), and Very Vanilla Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Bare Tree and Bird Images from "Branch Out" Stamp Set (Retired), by Stampin' Up
- Ink: Riding Hood Red (Retired), and Soft Suede Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: 1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (Retired), by Stampin' Up
- Tools: Scroll Border Punch by Stampin' Up (Available as a Sale-A-Bration Gift - FREE with a $50 Purchase); Corner Rounder Punch by Stampin' Up; Perfect Layers Tool (Retired), by Stampin' Up; 1/8" Star Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive
- Finished Size: 5" x 5"