Friday, January 29, 2010

The Color Red. And Hearts.

Pin It


Happy TGiF!

Today's card project was created for the Caardvarks "Red Heart" challenge to use the color red. And hearts. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE.

This card also qualifies for this week's Stamp Simply card challenge ... to use the color red. And hearts. For the 4-1-1 on the Stamp Simply challenge, clicky HERE.

Because I used digital paper on this card, the project qualifies for the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #8, to use a digital image or sentiment. For all the digi-deets, clicky HERE.

My card uses stamps from two drastically different Stampin' Up sets, but I think they look pretty neat together. The patterned paper is a digital file and I created a beaded stickpin to attach to my yummy satin ribbon.

For the rest of the lovely product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, yesterday afternoon I was hangin' out with Sheila when Reid-the-Wild-Child came home from school.

"Guess what?!?" Reid asked us.

"What?" we answered.

"I learned how to make babies today in school!"

Sheila flipped. I haven't seen her face go so red since ... at least Monday!

"What? What?!? I'm callin' that school this instant and readin' them the riot act. How dare they?!?"

"So, Reid, tell me, what did you learn about makin' babies?" I asked.

"Oh, it's easy, Aunty: all you do is drop the 'y' and add 'i e s.'" he replied.

Oh, sure, we knew that.

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... have a great weekend!

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Real Red," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Patterned Paper: Digital File from My Sweet Tater
  • Stamps: Tree from "Branch Out" Stamp Set (Retired) by Stampin' Up; Hearts from "I {Heart} Hearts Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Real Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: "Chocolate Chip" Satin Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Stickpin and Beads from Stash
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangular Die; Small Heart Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

27 comments:

Charlene said...

Cute card. Love the hearts.

Do you make those stories up or are they true? I just crack up!!

chercroppin said...

This card to too sweet Deb! Love the red with that yummy-chocolate ribbon! The hearts are perfect, and I LOVE that pin!

Too cute about Reid! Ahhh, the things these kids come up with right?

Elena said...

What a neat idea to decorate this tree with the hearts! Love the pin you added too! Deb, your blog is so inspiring! Love visiting it!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE your card, Deb - how fun!! Love those b/g books, too! I had NO CLUE that the Caardvarks challenge was the same -- oh my!!! Oh well, good way to kill 2 birds with one stone -- LOL!!! Thanks much for playing!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your little story...made me crack up for sure! Your heart card is incredible!! Love how you put the hearts in the tree! Great pin! Gorgeous color combo! Have a good weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

AWW Deb love this girl!!! Those hearts and tree soooo fab!!!!!

my5bratz said...

LOVE this card and you're nephews story is toooo cute, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Chris said...

damn this is cute!! love that tree, but i think that pin is the best. it is a pin, right? i wish that;s the only way i knew how to make babies...i would be so much richer and happier today...lol

Sharli said...

Deb,
The pin is fabulous! It's the crown of the card! I do love the tree and the mixture of the hearts and the tree seem perfect in your hands! You are a magician.

I like Reid's way of making babies, too!

Oh! I got my box today - it's like Christmas all over again!!! LOVE the punches!

Allison said...

Just darling...super idea!

LuLu said...

Georgeous, sweet card and many thanks for joining us at "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges this week. We look forward to seeing you again.

Lou
x

colourmehappy said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card!!!! Love that tree, love the pin, love the ribbon :-)

mochamama said...

Great card Deb, makes me want to just pluck a heart off the tree!!

Rick said...

Nice work. The big day for card makers is coming up soon isn't it?

Joan said...

This is great Deb. I set this set aside because it's no longer in the catalogue - but I really do like it. And I LOVE how you've added the little hearts. It's wonderful and I think I putting the set back into my "keep handy" pile!

Erica said...

Hi Deb,
Great Val cards you've been designing for us. Thanks so much for your commments and for becoming one of my legionnaires :)
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Erica

Shirley said...

Very pretty and creative. I like how you used the hearts in the tree too~ If only babies were that simple!!

julie king said...

love those sweet hearts on that lovely tree!! ((hugs)) dear friend!!

Anne said...

ROFL!!! Oh Deb, you soooo crack me up!!! I wish I could tell you some of the tales our kids tell us, they're just like this!! Your card is magnificent - as always! You never fail to inspire and I LOVE what you do with SU stuff. I don't have very much SU stuff, but I'm just rubbish with what I do have!

Thank you for making me splutter all over my screen with your comments - I nearly choked!! And just for you, I've put the pic back up ;o) ;o)

Have a great week lovely, lovely buddy!!!

Big hugs Anne xxx

Anne said...

PS - do you have a template for your gorgeous digital village? I've just been drooling all over it.....slobber!! Fabulous! xxx

redwasher1 said...

Well I just love this! what a fantastic Idea to put hearts on that bare tree!! Mind if I steal this idea?

Rosanne said...

What a sweet heart tree!

Tina said...

Good grief, this is fabulous! Loving this tree with the punches, too cool.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is really darling! great job putting your heart out there on a limb!
fab digital paper Deb...fantastic card!

blessings, Maria

Theresa Momber said...

Oooh, I just love the popped up hearts! Gorgeous card, Deb! LOL on the making babies!

Risa said...

Your card is super cute Deb! I love your valentine tree, the hearts are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Shirley said...

How elegant. Your bow and stickpin I am going to copy, just as soon as I remember to do it. !!