Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Today's super-simple card project was created for the "Stamptacular Sunday Challenge," #43, to create a 'pop-up' card. I decided to create my card using the uber-popular "Easel" card format.

For all the challenging deets, or to join in on the fun, clicky HERE to visit the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog.

If you've been in a coma ... or abducted by aliens ... and haven't heard about this quick and easy technique, here's a quick tutorial:

1. Score a 4" x 8" piece of card stock at 4" and again at 6";
2. Fold on score lines;
3. Cut a 4" x 4" square of card stock;
4. Cut patterned paper into two 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares (you can eyeball this - you just want to create a l'il margin ... or not, your choice);
5. Glue one 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" square of patterned paper to the bottom front of the scored and folded 4" x 8" card stock;
6. Adhere the remaining 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" piece of patterned paper to the 4" x 4" piece of card stock;
7. Adhere the 4" x 4" piece to the front fold even with the bottom edge of the card stock;
8. Adhere a brad, button, or other raised thingie to the bottom to create a "stop";
9. Embellish with stamped images, ribbons, flowers, punchies, stitching, or whatever your heart desires; and,
10. You're done!

These are really easy to assembly-line and they fold up perfectly for mailing in a regular A2 envelope. These cards are so easy to make that with just a little help ... especially in the cutting department ... the kid-lettes can make some too!

For all the eye-popping product info, check out the supply list below.

Sooooooooo, Sheila and I were talking yesterday about how addictive games on the Internet can be.

"Oh, please, I know. I've been playing them w-a-y too much," Sheila said.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"Well, right before I start dreaming at night, a blue strip appears with the words 'Loading ... Please wait.'"

Oooohhhhhh. Well, maybe she is playing 'em too much ...

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Rose Red" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamp: "Holiday Best" Hostess Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Rose Red" Dye Ink
  • Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; DMC Embroidery Floss; Heart Clip-Thingy; Clear Button by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinders Dies; Scallop Trim Border Punch by Stampin' Up (Free with $50.00 Purchase!); Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up

28 comments:

Tina said...

Super fantastic. Love your colors here. I must try one of these cards, they look so cool.

chercroppin said...

Oooh, very eye-catching Deb! You did an awesome job with those colors, and I love that image : )

Janine said...

LOVE the colors!!!

Carolyn King said...

super cute deb--love the bright colors!

Rosemary said...

Love this card and appreciate the directions will try a popup card.

Sprytebyrd said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Dee

Allison said...

Gorgeous! Love the DP choice and that rose red...I have a ton of that CS which has not seen the light of day in some time!

Joan said...

Great card Deb. I haven't tried that design yet.

Crystal said...

OOOOWEEE Deb love your valentine!! Your easel looks awesome and such great colors!!! :)

Aud Kirsten said...

What a great card! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:O)
Hugs:)

Charlene said...

Very sweet and happy card! Can you believe that these are still on my list of "things to try"? Now that I have word how easy they are, I'm off to the races...tomorrow.

Chris said...

cute card, love the special fold!!

redwasher1 said...

Deb your card is awesome, I have been enjoying your beautiful cards.

Ann said...

LOVE these colors, Deb! Fantastic and fun!

Diane said...

Oh such a beautiful card,love the colors!!! I guess I play too many games too,I get the exact same line as I close my eyes!!! LOL!
You make me laugh all the time Deb!
Thanks!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Deb! I love the vibrant colors..very pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Heather said...

this card is GORGEOUS!!!! I love those papers.

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by my blog :) Hope to see you play along in the challenge :)

Heather

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous!!!! You so ROCK my friend!

Blessings, Maria

leo said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I like this one. Perfect for the coming Valentines.
kitchen table

Elena said...

I love Easel cards too! They are so beautiful and unique! Really like the DP you chose for this one!

Paula said...

Beautiful color choices! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Liza said...

Gorgeous work Deb, I love the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Georgia said...

Love the card and the colors. Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Love this paper. It's so cool. I really do need to try this technique. Thanks for sharing at SSC!

Shirley said...

How pretty and great details too,

Carolyn said...

What a great easel card. I love the bright pink card. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

jannekescreations said...

Looks great!

Janneke (SSC DT)

Line said...

What a great easel card! Love the bright pink color!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line