Happy Thursday, race fans!
Today's super-simple card project was created for the "Stamptacular Sunday Challenge," #43, to create a 'pop-up' card. I decided to create my card using the uber-popular "Easel" card format.
For all the challenging deets, or to join in on the fun, clicky HERE to visit the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog.
If you've been in a coma ... or abducted by aliens ... and haven't heard about this quick and easy technique, here's a quick tutorial:
1. Score a 4" x 8" piece of card stock at 4" and again at 6";
2. Fold on score lines;
3. Cut a 4" x 4" square of card stock;
4. Cut patterned paper into two 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares (you can eyeball this - you just want to create a l'il margin ... or not, your choice);
5. Glue one 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" square of patterned paper to the bottom front of the scored and folded 4" x 8" card stock;
6. Adhere the remaining 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" piece of patterned paper to the 4" x 4" piece of card stock;
7. Adhere the 4" x 4" piece to the front fold even with the bottom edge of the card stock;
8. Adhere a brad, button, or other raised thingie to the bottom to create a "stop";
9. Embellish with stamped images, ribbons, flowers, punchies, stitching, or whatever your heart desires; and,
10. You're done!
These are really easy to assembly-line and they fold up perfectly for mailing in a regular A2 envelope. These cards are so easy to make that with just a little help ... especially in the cutting department ... the kid-lettes can make some too!
For all the eye-popping product info, check out the supply list below.
Sooooooooo, Sheila and I were talking yesterday about how addictive games on the Internet can be.
"Oh, please, I know. I've been playing them w-a-y too much," Sheila said.
"What makes you say that?" I asked.
"Well, right before I start dreaming at night, a blue strip appears with the words 'Loading ... Please wait.'"
Oooohhhhhh. Well, maybe she is playing 'em too much ...
Thanks so much for stopping by today ... have a great day!
- Card Stock: "Rose Red" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
- Stamp: "Holiday Best" Hostess Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Rose Red" Dye Ink
- Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; DMC Embroidery Floss; Heart Clip-Thingy; Clear Button by Stampin' Up
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinders Dies; Scallop Trim Border Punch by Stampin' Up (Free with $50.00 Purchase!); Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up