Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something Old, Something Bluish, Something Purple, Something Newish ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, ISF's!

Today's card project was created for Allison's brandy-new card challenge, Everything Old is New Again. The challenge is to create a card with a stamp that hasn't seen the light of day for some time. For the ginormous view of my card ... as if this view isn't big enough ... clicky on the photo and be taken away on an exciting viewing adventure!

I recently discovered this stamp wedged between a shelf full of vintage primers* and the wall. It's safe to say that this stamp has been among the missing for at least 5 years. I purchased it new and it's dated 1993 ... so it's definitely ... old.

I used the sketch from Stamping 411's Saturday Sketch Challenge, SSC134. For all the challenging deets, and a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE.

For all the mind-blowing product info, what I can remember, that is, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, last night I spent an hour or so listening talking to Sheila on the phone while she complained about her hair, her wardrobe, and her weight.

"Get real, you are not overweight. At all." I pointed out.

"I'm fat and we both know it. Listen, do you know that when I sit in the bathtub the water in the toilet rises?!?"

I did not ...

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Very Vanilla" by Stampin' Up; Textured, Unknown, Scraps
  • Designer Paper: Something Bluish, Unknown; Something Purple, Unknown
  • Stamp: Something Old
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Various Markers
  • Accessories: Ribbon, Unknown; Something Newish: Ribbon Slide from "Styled Vanilla" Hodgepodge Hardware Set by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
*Ahh, you noticed I usually photograph my cards in front of a shelf full of vintage primers. Yes, I do love me some vintage primers! And yes, this is the shelf that eats stamps ...

16 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful Deb...love this color combo......Beautiful image and layout tooo girly!

Allison said...

This is a pretty creation with great color choices! Ha ha...nice hiding place for your stamp (you will have to use it again!).

Elena said...

I love the colors, and this layout worked great with these papers! What a beautiful stamp, Deb! Glad you inked it up!

Selene Kempton said...

It is snowy and yucky here today and this is so spring-like and beautiful! I love the color choices! Beautiful work!

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a funny post...thanks for the laugh and the great card you made too! So glad you discovered this long lost stamp and joined our fun this week LOL!

Sharli said...

Wonderful card, Deb! The image isn't at all out of date - it's beautiful! I love the colors - very spring-like. If it keeps raining here, maybe we'll see some flowers soon? Who knows.

To answer your very mysterious and cryptic question, yes, I did receive the mini-catalog - THANK YOU! I love drooling over the ideas, stamps, and beautiful papers in your catalog! Just wonderful stuff - why can't I just buy it all?!?! Maybe because I don't have a shelf big enough to hide all of them?

LOL

Chris said...

gorgeous card, even tho it's purple! lol i still love it cuz you made it...love the sheila story! i'm addicted!!

Susie said...

What a lovely card. Your coloring is wonderful. Love all of the purples. Thanks for joining our challenge.

Maria Matter said...

wowza, what awesome colors!!! Gorgeous card Deb, I for one am glad you found that rebel stamp!!! :)
take care!
Blessings, maria

Davi said...

Love those fab colors and the beautiful card!!

Robin Merriman said...

Oh, this is so springy and bright - I love it! Beautiful job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

What a beautiful sense of color you have. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with all of us.

Shirley said...

This card is just gorgeous. I love the image and the colors are wonderful!

Patti Chesky said...

I love the vivid colors you've used on this card. It's like a breath of Spring air in the middle of January.

Theresa Momber said...

Hee hee! When I get in the tub, they experience bizarre high tides in Japan.

knitwit said...

Hey, that toilet thing happens to me too! Gorgeous cards this week (as always!!).