Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two 15 Minute Projects ... 'Cept One Took 4 Hours

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's 15 Minute card project was created using stamps from Stampin' Up and some 1 3/4" card stock punchies.

I stamped all my images on Whisper White card stock using dye ink from Stampin' Up. I stamped the flower spray image twice and layered them for a little dimension on the card. I added some brads from my stash to four of the images and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For all the mind-blowing product info, check out the supply list below.

Soooooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out at Sheila's helping her "organize her spice collection." I kid you not. And did you know that you can check online to decipher the age of your spices? Yeah, me neither ... and may I just say that this step added hours to what should have also been a 15 Minute Project. And I wonder why I only have 15 Minutes to create a card?!?

Her DH was busy packing for a business trip and Reid-the-Wild-Child was bouncing off the walls as per usual.

By the time we got through "Rosemary, Dried, June '09," Ken came into the kitchen, suitcase in hand, to say goodbye.

"Reid," he said, "I'm trusting you to take good care of your Mom and be the man of the house."

Comprehending the gravity of the situation, Reid said seriously, "In that case Dad, I'm going to need the remote."

We're still gigglin' on that one ... The Great Spice Project of 2010? Not so much ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Floral Images from "True Friend" Stamp Set; Cupcake Image from "Party Hearty" Stamp Set; Sentiment from "Heard From the Heart" Set All by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Tangerine Tango" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up (Retired)
  • Accessories: Brads, Unknown Manufacturer
  • Tools: 1 3/4" Square Punch; Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by Stampin' Up; Paper Piercing Tool by Stampin' Up; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up; Dimensionals by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

DEB!!!!! This is wonderful---I so missed you and glad you are back to blogging a bit! What an awesome idea, I am going to case it right now.

Allison said...

You're a goof ball. And thanks for that comment on the blog...I was wondering when someone was going to make that jibe! Loving the card here-so bold with the color palette and yet so clean at the same time!

Crystal said...

AWWW Deb this is FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE this layout and these rockin colors!! Awesome card!

Chris said...

yeah, this is why i just use the damn spices...i'm not dead yet. lol great quickie card and i love a great quickie!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how I envy your ability to make a 15 minute card with such beauty!! Incredible!! I get sidetracked a lot....

Davi said...

Wow 15 minutes!! Amazing..Great colors, I like the opposing circular designs.

Elena said...

Love the colors of this card! And dimension on the flower look so pretty!

Theresa Momber said...

Snort! That kid is wise beyond his age!