Friday, January 22, 2010

So, a Turtle Goes to New York City ...

Pin It


TGiF, Stampers! Please say hello to the cover of my 'True Love' paper bag album.

Today's altered art project was created for sale on eBay, but the project qualifies for the Pal's Paper Arts "Anything But a Card" challenge, PPA26. For all the challenging deets, including a look at the Pals' a-mazing samples, clicky HERE. As always, for the ginormous view of my photos, clicky right THERE on the photo.

This vintage-inspired Valentine's Day-themed paper bag album is jam-packed with authentic vintage ephemera ... I don't do copies. In this particular album, most of the ephemera dates back to 1925. Over the past 7 years or so, my albums have been purchased by Doctor's, Lawyers, and Indian Chiefs. I estimate that I have over 150 of these vintage-inspired albums scattered all over the world. Which is kinda cool to know ...

Okay, enough with the ancient history:

This ^ spread is pages 2 and 3 of the album;

This ^ spread is pages 4 and 5;

This ^ spread is pages 6 and 7;

This ^ spread is pages 8 and 9; and,

This ^ spread is pages 10 and 11.

If you're so inclined, you can see several more detailed photos of this album by visiting my eBay store. To see all the pretty pictures, clicky HERE and be whisked away on an exciting journey of discovery!

Bawdy Alert:

My friend Karen is one fun chickadee with a great sense of humor, and I hope she doesn't mind, but I'm gonna share with you the entire contents of an email she sent me today:

"Deb, Thought for the Day:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says, 'W T F.'"

OMG, it's been right under our noses the whole time!

Soooooooo, Reid-the-Wild-Child called me after school yesterday 'cuz he was thrilled to see his jokes on the Web. Here's what he said:

"Aunty, since you were so nice to help me get famous and have my own TV show, I'm gonna give you one last joke for free."

"What? Whaddya mean ... you think I'm gonna pay you to put your jokes on my blog?!?"

"Do you want the free joke or not?"

"Sure, why not ... as long as you promise that it's the last free joke." I answered.

"Yeah, it is. Okay ... so, a turtle goes to New York City and he's lost and he's in a really bad neighborhood. And then he gets mugged by a gang of snails."

"The cops asked him what happened, and he said, "I really don't know, it all happened so fast!"

WTF!?!?

Thanks so much for stopping by ... I hope your weekend is fantastical!

~Hugs,



If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE ... not that this project would inspire you to ask me about stamping ...

22 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb girl you rock, this looks amazing, love love love your vintage themed album...WOW this looks like it took forever, its sooooooo wonderful!!!

Elena said...

Gorgeous vintage album! Love every detail about it! Just looking at this is like touching a real piece of history!

Curt in Carmel said...

These never cease to amaze me. These are always top notch quality with super cool stuff in them. I always go through each picture to look at all the fun stuff you fill them with. I will never forget the one you did for Halloween. That one was so awesome! Good luck with the Ebay sale! Best, Curt

Allison said...

Oh my Deb...one of my fav projects from you! Loving all those vintage images!

Janine said...

Your books are always fabulous Deb!!

Anne said...

Awwww NOW I feel sooooo bad about not being around for so long!!! This is just WONDERFUL Deb!! The colours, the images, the LO's, the embellies - truly a masterpiece!! Great to see you again Deb - I have been so busy, I hardly get out at all these days :o( Still lovin' what you do though! Have a Fab weekend! I WILL be back soon! :o) xx

Charlene said...

Well now, I WAS going to compliment you on that fantastic paper bag book but that joke may just have placed your awesome creation in 2nd place. Too cute!

Hey, we're neighbors...I live a few miles N of you. :-)

LeAnne said...

This is awesome, Deb! Where do you find all this stuff--and how can you part with it? I am a hoarder of my vintage stuff!

Davi said...

Hey Deb, I love your album and all the real vintage ephemera . So much fun stuff in it and lots of fabulous details!!! These are my favorite thing to make!! How fun to find you do them also :)

Sharli said...

Wowie Deb - what a beautiful album!!! I bet this will sell for a gazillion dollars! I love all the details - it's awesome!

Chris said...

wow!! THIS IS AMAZING!! i so smell a bidding war on ebay over this muth-A!! where do you find the time to create this and take care of all my religious needs? i bow to you!!! BTW, my tags are not this dark, you might not want them....>"<

Julia Aston said...

What a fun Valentine project! I love the pages and all the inserts - how fun and vintage Deb!!1

Joan said...

Wow, what an incredible project, Deb!!!

Wanda. said...

Your album is adorable!

mochamama said...

Wow girl, these are awesome and 150???? even more impressive!

Risa said...

What a super stunning Valentine album Deb! I love the vintage cuties your detailing is fab!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Thanks for the morning laugh, I feel great already!

Maria Matter said...

oh Deb, your paper bag albums are just over the top gorgeous hun! I can't even imagine all the time that goes into one of these beauties! I can tell it really brings joy to your soul...just incredible!!!
Thank you for sharing them with us!!!!
Have a super weekend, and I will never look at a calendar the same! lol
Blessings, Maria

....Linda.... said...

Your vintage album is beautiful!! And how come I never noticed what the calendar said? Too funny! Thanks for playing @PPA!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Cute jokes, Deb! Love the album. I've just recently tried doing some of this myself. I've ordered some supplies {papers, tags, etc.} to try my hand at it. It is so beautiful to me.

Thanks for your nice comment on my nest post!

Tina said...

Holy mozell batman, this is outstanding!

knitwit said...

Absolutely amazing--I cannot even imagine attempting something that fiddly!
And Reid-The-Wild-Child was bound to realize there was a business opportunity here sometime!!

Theresa Momber said...

Deb, your altered albums are always so amazing! Love the bawdy story. Had to send that one to DH.