Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hah, Hah, Hah ... Gag, Gag, Gag

Pin It


Welcome race fans! And a very happy National Hugging Day to you! Please consider yourself hugged ...

Today's card projects are the result of my failure to follow instructions. Or my failure to read the instructions ... or both. Ö!

I created this ^ card for my nephew's upcoming birthday and Splitcoast's Clean and Simple challenge, CAS50, to use teal, white, and one other color. You see where I'm in trouble already, right? Unless black doesn't count as a real color? Does it? Is it?

So, since I blew it on the challenge entry, and wasn't really thrilled with the idea of sending this girly-man-colored card to a little boy, I started over ... and created this one:


Now this manly train, I dig! I can only hope that a 7 year old boy who loves primary colors ... and trains ... will too. 'Cuz I'm not makin' another one!

For the 4-1-1 on the ton of product I used to create these cards, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooo, Reid-the-Wild-Child thinks he's the funniest kid in the world ... and that he should be on TV. All this week, he's been begging me to post his two newest jokes. This kid has a notebook full of jokes he's saving for his TV show. Seriously.

So, being that Sheila hasn't said or done anything particularly interesting and/or incredibly stupid in the last 24 hours, I'll bow to a force greater than my will: Wild-Child Pleading, Whining, and Non-Stop Jabbering. Presenting two jokes ... and I use the term loosely ... from Reid-the-Wild-Child's Comedy Show and Traveling Circus:

Reid: Aunty, know why you can't see the Invisible Man's Mother & Father?

Me: I give up.

Reid: 'Cuz they're trans-parents!

Reid cracks up for ten minutes. Hah, hah, hah. Then:

Reid: Aunty, know why the policeman gave the dog a ticket?

Me: I give up.

Reid: For double barking.

Reid cracks up for another ten minutes. Hah, hah, hah. Then:

Reid: Aunty, will you put one ... or maybe just two ... more of my jokes on your blog?

Me: What blog?

Hey! Know what? If you have your fingers on the wrong keys, "Hah, hah, hah" becomes "Gag, gag, gag." I find that incredibly profound ... Hah, hah, hah. Gag, gag, gag.

~Gygs,

  • Card Stock: "Whisper White," "Taken with Teal," and "Pacific Point", (Retired), Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Choo Choo" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by PTI; "Right on Track" Wheel by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: ""Baja Breeze," (Retired), "Basic Black," "Garden Green," "Pacific Point," (Retired), "Pumpkin Pie," "Riding Hood Red," (Retired), and "Taken With Teal" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Oval Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • Jokes: Furnished Free of Charge by Reid-the-Wild-Child
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

16 comments:

Risa said...

Deb, you are the queen of simple and cute cards! The dimension of the train and the color combo is captivating for any age group! I love it!
hugs
Risa:)

LeAnne said...

I love this card!! I love Reid too....between the two of you, you keep me gag gagging....I mean hah hahhing!!!

Tina said...

Too cute. You are such a rebel.

Jaime Benavides said...

Love your card. It's adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I'm glad that you found it to be informative. If I lived in FL, I'd be happy to stop by and set you up. Unfortunately, we live on opposite coasts! :( Enjoy the rest of your week...I look forward to following your blog to see what you come up with next.

Shirley said...

Looks like your nephew and Sheila would get along fine. LOLOL I love your card and I think your nephew will too~

The Rubber Maid said...

Ok I guess I'm dense but if the challenge was to use teal, white and one other color....why isn't orange your other color on the first card??? Cute card in any event. Pat

Chris said...

lol!! maybe reid can take over leno's postion here soon! cuz he's going to need some new material...personally i love both cards. they are super cute for any boy!! have a great day, deb!!

Allison said...

Super fun! I like 'em both!

Joan said...

Both of these trains are cute - I like the primary coloured one best. I'm glad you explained the "gag" - I was wondering. Hah, hah.

Theresa Momber said...

Ah ha! Now I know what my daughter means when she says, "gag me."

Love both of your train cards! You are the queen of CAS!

Julie Koerber said...

HA! Too fun Miss Deb... love both the girly man and not so girly man cards---both are just too fun for words and your nephew will lubba lubba it!!! Life is good at the Koerber house. I'm still working too much which really hampers my ability to be a nut in my stamp room! Need to start playing the lotto so I can quit!!! ;-) Hope life is good in your neck of the woods!

ll said...

很好啊 ..................................................

Elena said...

Love both of the cards, Deb! They are so much fun!

Curt in Carmel said...

You better be nice to that child! He is going to be famous someday, I can feel it! And you know how comedians always do stand up and talk about their Mothers right? Well, there you go. . .Love your sweet card. I'm with you, I love the primary colored one the best! So cute! Best, Curt

Brenda said...

wonderful CAS cards Deb, the second one is my favorite. Thank you for sharing Reed's jokes, very cute!

Maria Matter said...

LOL, Deb you always brighten my day by making me laugh...it is a gift my friend!!!
love your choo choo cards....both colors are just fine with me! :)
Blessings to you!