Monday, April 12, 2010

Is That a Sandwich in Your Pocket, Or ...

Pin It


Happy Monday and welcome to another week, Crafty Stampers!

Today's card project was created for my all-occasion card stash using this sweet image from Hero Arts' "Dictionary Designs" collection:

I bought this stamp new in 2002 and since then have been trying to find all of the other stamps in this Collection. To date, in eight years of searching, I've found only one additional stamp ... and coincidentally, I made a card this weekend with it! I'll show you that card later on this week. I'll bet you can hardly wait ...

I stamped my Blossom image with dye ink, colored the flower with Copic markers, and double-matted the focal image. It's barely visible in my photo, but I used a 'dotted' background stamp inked with Versamark for some interest. Isn't it interesting that you can't see it?

I cut out a wavy border with a punch, tied on some grosgrain ribbon, threaded two buttons with white hemp twine, and finis. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For the ginormous view of my card, and to catch a glimpse of that elusive background stamp, clicky on the photo ... for all the exciting product info, check out the card recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, this weekend Sheila and her DH had some friends and family over. Of course, Sheila's certifiably insane quirky sister, Jill, was invited. And, of course, crazy quirky Jill brought along the equally insane quirky boyfriend, Jack.

To get the full effect of this story, you really should read THIS POST first. Go ahead, we'll wait.

So, after all the 'hello-what's-new-how-ya-doin's,' Jack and Jill joined us poolside.

"So, does this ever happen to you?" Jack started.

Sheila and I exchanged looks 'cuz that sentence is Jack-Code for, "I'm About to Say Something Really Stupid."

"Yeah, so the other day, I discovered my wallet was, like, sitting in the refrigerator on the top shelf." Jack continued. "And then, when I went to put it in my back pocket, I found a cheese sandwich back there! True story!"

"What is WITH you and sandwiches?!?" Sheila exclaimed. "Do you make this crap up so we'll think you're amusing ... or are you just a freakin' idiot?!?!?"

"Ummm, well, I just like sandwiches and you know stuff, like, happens." Jack answered.

It was right about then that Sheila's SIL came out of the house, sat down, and said, "Strange; I just found half of a ham and cheese sandwich in your Powder Room, Sheila. On the toilet tank."

"Jack, if you've wiped your butt with my expensive guest towels, I'm gonna have to kill you." Sheila growled. Seriously, it was a growl ...

Sheepishly, Jack stood up, reached around to his backside and removed ...



half of a ham and cheese sandwich.

OMG!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" by Stampin' Up; PTI
  • Stamps: "Blossom" Stamp by Hero Arts; "Decorative Dots" Stamp (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko; "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: White Hemp Twine; Buttons; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Wavy Dotted Border Punch by EK Success; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

38 comments:

aussiescrapper said...

Love Mondays, so I can catch up on the Sheila and now her sister-in law antics, I went back and read the first post, I hope when god created man, he only created one Jack - for all the single ladies, I would hate their to be two. I love the gorgeous card, Love to you. Melxxx

Tina said...

Super fabulous!

Beverley said...

I don't know which one I love the most...the card or the funny story...LOL...thanks for sharing.

stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Sue C said...

Hi Deb! What a pretty card - I love purples and yellows together! Hilarious story(ies), too! I'll have to stop by for more fun, more often! Thanks for joining my challenge this week!

Julie said...

Such a pretty card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Joan said...

First - beautiful card - I like that little definition!!!
Second - "quirky" is just such a wonderful word!!!!!
Third - Is Jack a magician that can make only multiple cheese sandwiches (1/2 servings) appear in weird and unusual places. LOL

Helen Dooley said...

That is a beautiful card. I love it TFS with us at For Fun challenges this week. Hope to see you again.

Allison said...

Pretty card Deb...love the simple flower with the twine!

Carol said...

what a cute card - thanks for joining us at SCD this week.

Trimgym said...

Great buttons card Deb, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Debbie said...

Great story and great card too...lol Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad.

xxDebbie The Crafty pad

purplestamper316 said...

awesome card- purple & anything are my favorite combination :) your story is priceless....><>

Tami said...

Thanks for playing at Aly's Love the colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love your purple and yellow combo Deb!! Stunning design!! The added button and string are the perfect touch!!

Risa said...

Hello there Deb,
I'm in love with your beautiful card! Your image is fabulous and the button is the perfect embellishment..I love it!
I remember reading about Jack last year and I'm at a loss for words! LMAO and saying ewwwwww at the same time!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

very cool card!! even tho it has purple on it...

lololololololol on the jack story, dam i hope she doesn't marry him...well, then i guess you'll always have a story..

Carla Bazhenow said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing at the PPA. Hugs, Carla

Maria Matter said...

BEAUTIFUL Deb!!! I'm seeing spots...after you mentioned it! lol see I read every single word you write and yes I am anxiously awaiting your next dictionary design!!
take care hun, are you up and dancing yet????
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Erica said...

Ohhh love that color combo. Thanks for reminding me to use it more often.
Cyber Hug.

Denise said...

so pretty! I love the color combo and that stamp is really great! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card Deb I love the simplicity of it and what a wonderful color combo!!;)

Shana said...

Wow! I love the simple elegance of your card! Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs Challenge Blog - I hope to see you again next week!

Suzi said...

A very striking card, love the colours and the story. Thank you for joining in with us at The Crafty Pad this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Elena said...

This card is so pretty, Deb! I love the combination of these colors! And those buttons with the twine are so cute! I think it is a great idea adding those polka-dots to the background. I can see them! :)

Lauretta See said...

gorgeous card.. and so elegant. love those colors :)
thank you for joining the MelJens challenge . good luck!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful color combo for your design!! Fabulous!

Sharli said...

Deb, this card is just so bright and cheerful - I love it! It's a great combination of colors and the flower itself is really nice!

Your Jack story is too awful to not be true. My Goodness.

Hugs!

Tracy said...

What a beautiful card!! I just love purple and yellow together. Great job with this weeks sketch too! Thank you for joing us with Sketchy Thursday!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Lexi said...

lol too funny:D fabulous fresh card

Hugs Lexi xxx

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card Debs! Love the colours - really clean and vibrant - and the buttons are fab!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

de said...

So pretty!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is fabulous and WOW, so many challenges! Well done! (How do you do that???) LOL! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!

Laura said...

Beautiful blossom. Thanks for joining our B theme on SCD

Nicole said...

WOW, so clean and crisp, just beautiful!! The next MELJEN challenge will be posted tomorrow, I hope you will join us again! Hoosier Hugs, Nicole

SemSee said...

This is gorgeous! I love the yellow/purple colour combo! Thanks for joining our Joys of Spring Challenge at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

Erin said...

Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week. Please come play with us again next week. We love having you.

The Dormouse

Julie - Kewlstamps said...

Lovely card... thanks for sharing and playing with Our Creative Corner this week:-)

Ester said...

Beautiful card!
XX Ester