Happy Monday and welcome to another week, Crafty Stampers!
Today's card project was created for my all-occasion card stash using this
sweet image from Hero Arts' "Dictionary Designs" collection:
I bought this stamp new in 2002 and since then have been trying to find all of the other stamps in this Collection. To date, in eight years of searching, I've found only one additional stamp ... and coincidentally, I made a card this weekend with it! I'll show you that card later on this week. I'll bet you can hardly wait ...
I stamped my Blossom image with dye ink, colored the flower with Copic markers, and double-matted the focal image. It's barely visible in my photo, but I used a 'dotted' background stamp inked with Versamark for some interest. Isn't it interesting that you can't see it?
I cut out a wavy border with a punch, tied on some grosgrain ribbon, threaded two buttons with white hemp twine, and finis. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!
For the ginormous view of my card, and to catch a glimpse of that elusive background stamp, clicky on the photo ... for all the exciting product info, check out the card recipe, below.
Sooooooooo, this weekend Sheila and her DH had some friends and family over. Of course, Sheila's
certifiably insane quirky sister, Jill, was invited. And, of course, crazy quirky Jill brought along the equally insane quirky boyfriend, Jack.
To get the full effect of this story, you really should read THIS POST first. Go ahead, we'll wait.
So, after all the 'hello-what's-new-how-ya-doin's,' Jack and Jill joined us poolside.
"So, does this ever happen to you?" Jack started.
Sheila and I exchanged looks 'cuz that sentence is Jack-Code for, "I'm About to Say Something Really Stupid."
"Yeah, so the other day, I discovered my wallet was, like, sitting in the refrigerator on the top shelf." Jack continued. "And then, when I went to put it in my back pocket, I found a cheese sandwich back there! True story!"
"What is WITH you and sandwiches?!?" Sheila exclaimed. "Do you make this crap up so we'll think you're amusing ... or are you just a freakin' idiot?!?!?"
"Ummm, well, I just like sandwiches and you know stuff, like, happens." Jack answered.
It was right about then that Sheila's SIL came out of the house, sat down, and said, "Strange; I just found half of a ham and cheese sandwich in your Powder Room, Sheila. On the toilet tank."
"Jack, if you've wiped your butt with my expensive guest towels, I'm gonna have to kill you." Sheila growled. Seriously, it was a growl ...
Sheepishly, Jack stood up, reached around to his backside and removed ...
half of a ham and cheese sandwich.
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!
- 52-Card Pick-Up: Theme (To Blossom; Flourish)
- Aly's Sunday Challenge: Buttons
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Buttons
- Eat, Sleep, Stamp: Sketch
- Etsy Inspired: Mousemarket's "Spring Lollipop Ring"
- For Fun Challenge: Flowers, Showers, or Spring
- KL Stampin' and Scrappin': Organic (Hemp Twine)
- Meljen's Designs: Girly Colors
- Oh, Alice: Flowers
- Our Creative Corner: Bows (Behind Buttons)
- Pals Paper Arts: Flowers
- Quixotic Challenge: The Joys of Spring
- Raise the Bar: Spring Colors
- Res-Q Challenge: Clues (Buttons/Flowers/Punch/Yellow)
- Something Completely Different: "B" is For: Buttons, Bows, 'Blossom' Text
- The Crafty Pad: Use Colors of the Rainbow
- Treehouse Thursday Challenge: Color (Lavender/Yellow/Neutral)
- Card Stock: "Whisper White" by Stampin' Up; PTI
- Stamps: "Blossom" Stamp by Hero Arts; "Decorative Dots" Stamp (Retired) by Stampin' Up
- Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko; "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Color Medium: Copic Markers
- Accessories: White Hemp Twine; Buttons; Grosgrain Ribbon
- Tools: Wavy Dotted Border Punch by EK Success; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"