Wednesday, March 12, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a Blog Sketch Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's 15 Minute Project was created for this week's Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch Challenge ... and was finished in a flash using die-cuts from Cosmo Cricket's "Gretel" collection!

I stamped my focal image on Kraft card stock, and my sentiment on matching DP. TIP: for a tiny tag like this one, I used the index sheet in the paper collection ... no sense cutting into a huge sheet of paper when you only need a scrap!

I chose the die-cuts I wanted to use on my card, inked all of the edges, and adhered them to my card base. I slipped a beaded ball chain through the opening on the die-cut tag and added my little sentiment tag and two metal "Friends" mini-dog tags.

I heavily distressed my stamped image and it's mat, then using dimensionals, I mounted my focal image on the card.

I adhered some metal photo corner brads using glue ... these larger brads tend to slip around, so I always clip off the prongs and glue them down where I want them.

And that's it! Easy-peasy, and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Ingredients: Textured Card Stock, (Cut Card Stock); Kraft Card Stock, (Bazzill); Designer Paper, "Gretel" Collection, (Cosmo Cricket); Die-Cuts, "Gretel" Collection (Cosmo Cricket); Focal Stamp, (Inkadinkado); Sentiment and Bracket Stamps, (Papertrey Ink); Ink, Palette Hybrid (Steward Superior); Distress Inks, (Ranger); Fluid Chalk Ink, (Clearsnap); Ball Chain and Connector, (Kewl Stuph and Funky Junque); Mini-Dog Tags (Unknown); Metal Photo Corner Brads, (Unknown, Found in Mt. Brad); Dimensionals, (Fiskars)

I know I lied said yesterday that today I would post the recipe and project(s) I made using Fiskars Texture Plates in the Cuttlebug ... but, unfortunately it's been a gloomy day and I just couldn't get a photo that made me happy. Since a textured surface is a bit harder to see that an embossed surface, I thought it best to wait until I had a better shot of the whole shebang. This ^ project was created and photographed on Monday, so I went with that, okeedokee?!? I'll try again tomorrow; hope you'll be back to check it out.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,

3 comments:

Meridith Anne said...

I LOVE this card!!!! So cute! I love your photo set up too. Thanks for playing along with us. I love how your card turned out and I love your blog too!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, love everything about it.

Corie said...

How in the world do you create all these cards in 15 minutes? I love them all!!!