Sunday, March 30, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a "Bringing it Back" Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute Project" was created in a flash for the "Bringing it Back" blog challenge.

This weeks challenge is to use metal embellishments, particularly early metals from Making Memories' "Details" line. I know I have lots more of these metal thingies, but this frame was the first thing I came across in my mountain of embellies.

Rather than a stamped focal point, I used a handmade paper flower. I've been having lots o'fun lately creating these flowers and leaves using punches and some very basic tools. This particular flower was created using a heart punch!

I silver embossed my Stampabilities sentiment stamp on Xerox 110# card stock, tied some ribbon around the fold, and was done. Of course, the flower was made the other day but ...

And I apologize for the crummy photograph ... Vivitar's on strike. My Vivitar .. not the whole company ... as far as I know, LOL!

Thanks for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,

12 comments:

Annapurna said...

Very pretty! Love the handmade flower and the embossing on the sentiment.

Your's is the only blog that takes a long time to load a picture. Does mine do that too? It does not do it to me, but not sure what it does to the rest of the world. We both provide clickable images.

SmilynStef said...

I am lovin' your homemade flowers ... so very cool.

malieta said...

Hello Deb!
Thank you for all of your kind and warm comments during my time of sorrow. I am so blessed to have met such wonderful people!
I love your card and the homemade flower is awesome!
hugs
malieta:)

Allison said...

This is so unique with the metal! And great job on the flower...I wouldn't have guessed you made it yourself!

nappy2CU said...

A heart stamp?
You are amazing!
Thanks for sharing that!

Silli said...

so very pretty. I love it!

Silli said...

so very pretty. I love it!

Silli said...

so very pretty. I love it!

Silli said...

so very pretty. I love it!

Silli said...

so very pretty. I love it!

Penny said...

Lovely card, the flower is fab!:)

My Paper World said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! Your handmade flower is beautiful!