Wednesday, March 19, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a "Booze" Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Hello, friends! Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days ... the DH and I are battling a cold/flu, and it has us snugglin' on the couch sipping soup and not much of anything else.

Today's "15 Minute Project" was created for Allison's "Booze" blog challenge ... and I have to admit, this really was challenging! I don't have any "drinking" stamps ... not so much as a martini glass or a champagne flute image in my collection.

After spending three sore-throat-and-coughing-days thinking about this, in the end I dipped into my collection of vintage ephemera for this kewl old bar coaster.

I mounted the coaster to the card base using dimensionals, tied a ribbon around and through the card and tied a knot. My sentiment was stamped on SU Blue Bayou and punched out with the SU label punch. TIP: Create dimension and a shadow effect by punching out two labels and offset them slightly on your project.

Not exactly what I hoped to do with the challenge but hey! any 'port' in a storm, right?!?

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,

10 comments:

Allison said...

This is very cool...that is one terrific ol' school coaster! Who would you give this to? So fun! Thanks again for playing!

Diane D. said...

Wow - I like it! The colors are great.

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love your take on this project, feel better soon.

Anna Jones said...

Hope u feel better soon. Great idea!

Chris said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly... your card is fav though made me giggle.
I have a little LOVE blog candy challenge going on if you'd like to join in :D

Ana Baird said...

Hope you're feeling better. Great and cute card!

Debra said...

Hey, that's really creative Deb, very resourceful, especially given the fact that you're sick!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Joan and Amy said...

The little pink elephant is perfect. Joan

Julie Koerber said...

Love what you did! Isn't it funny how you always remember in the final hour - 'Hey wait--- I think I have this thing that would be perfect for that challenge!" Fun card!

kalissa said...

Hey! I know where this coaster comes from! ;-)
G'day Mate!