Monday, March 24, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a Homegrown "Fruit & Vegetable," et al, Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute Project" was created in a flash for the Caardvarks Homegrown "Fruit and Vegetables" blog challenge. As always, you can click on the image for a closer look.

As you know, I always try to participate in various blog challenges because it really helps you to hone your style and skills ... besides, they're tons o'fun. But this entry was determined by fate ... and gravity.

I was rummaging around my studio last night, when out of nowhere, I got clunked on the head by this ^ stamp. Since it's rare that a stamp literally smacks me in the head, I figured it was time to ink this baby up and participate in the Homegrown challenge!

The "jumping" pear stamp is a "Collections" stamp I've had forever ... I don't think the company is in business anymore though. I stamped the pear with Versamark on textured card stock and embossed with Comotion's "Java Jolt" embossing powder. Looks like a chocolate-covered pear, doesn't it? Yum!

The flourishes were created with a kewl little Sizzix die and were cut in the 'Bug. Finally, I added some double-mounted ribbon and was done; easy peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Hmmm, now I want some chocolate-covered pears ...

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


PS: I just realized that this card also qualifies for Sharon's "Rounded Corners" blog challenge! So, off this baby goes to live at Splitcoast Stampers!

And for a real treat, click HERE for a look at all the uber-kewl challenge entries!

PPS: This week's Arty Girlz theme challenge has posted and I think this card qualifies for that challenge, too! Wowza, I'm certainly gettin' some mileage outta this baby, huh?!?

For some serious chocolate deliciousness, check out the Girlz "Chocolate"challenge!

PPSS: Wowza, this card is turning out to be just perfect for soooo many challenges I may never need to make another! Today, (March 26th), I've submitted it to Marlene's Birthday celebration in honor of her son's 12th birthday. Marlene requires "some green, and some ribbon" ... and we've got both. I told you blog challenges are the best!!!

26 comments:

SmilynStef said...

LOVE these colors ... they just pop ... and what a fabulous pear and great use of die cuts ... wonderful card.

Allison said...

Very cool...love the color palette! Hey, did you just set your feed to partial? I didn't get anything but a title in Google Reader...

Trish D said...

Ooh, those colors are delish! Love the way you've pieced the swirls on the corners, too. Just an all-around great card!

savy said...

I love, love, LOVE this new heading!
Just beautiful and spring-like. (Shall we put a tissue in the corner for allergies?)

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card,love your new banner

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card,love your new banner

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is brilliant. So wonderful design.

Julie Koerber said...

Hey Deb! Fun card! You wanna know something funny? I have this pear stamp too! It hasn't seen the light of day in years...:-( Maybe I need to change that! Take care!

Julie said...

This is such a cool card Deb I love it!!

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again xx

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea, said...

Brilliant card, love the colours

Beth said...

Fab card - I love the 'jumping' stamp!

crissi said...

Gorgeous card Deb love the stamping and the colours
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Silli said...

wonderful, I love the colors!

Paula said...

Fantastic complimentary colours.

Annapurna said...

You have some patience girl! You cut out the word pear and put it as decoration. Love the chocolate pear! Very nice!

Ana Baird said...

Great and stunning!

stampingbalou said...

Wow, love those colours, your card is just a fabulous one !

filetta said...

it's wonderful ! lovely

Anne said...

LOL!! @ you getting mileage from your card!! Don't blame you! This is gorgeous - chocolate covered pears, oh rapture....!!

Chatdoro said...

superbe carte, bravo. J'adore. bises chatdoro

Richelle said...

Pretty card...I love the detail work on the corners.
Richelle

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE this card -- the textured paper shows up so well in this photo - I just love it -- great pear image and I love your flourishy corners as well!! Beautiful work, as always -- thanks much for playing!!!

mar1ene said...

Ooo Deb, that is wonderful and fruity :)
Love the colours and it's a real eye catcher!!

Thanks so much for taking part in my challenge *Ü*

Marlene x

Sam Morris said...

Lol, just adding to the list of 'thanks for taking part in the challenge' lol :P

However, this card is seriously awesome!! Your stamping is just fantastic and I'm totally in love with how you photograph your creations!

Silvia said...

Very elegant, looks fab.