Friday, March 28, 2008

Sketch Challenge Entry ... with a Twist

Pin It


TGiF; this week feels like it would never end!

This card was created for Lizzie Anne Designs weekly sketch challenge. Um, yes, I know it's a little late but better late than never, right?

I deviated from the sketch just a bit, using the pocket shape rather than a circle. But I did manage to stay within the guidelines otherwise: use a stamp that had never been inked up before. Really! No, not even an index stamping. And don't tell the DH, but there's lots more where this came from!

Okay, so the finally-used Limited Edition stamp is old (2000), the DP is Daisy D's "Nursery" collection, the faux gemstones are Darice, the tag punch is McGill, the tab folder punch is Stampin' Up!, inks are Ranger Distress and Staz-On, and the flowers and leaves were handmade by moi. {breathe}

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with. Hope you have a creative and relaxin' weekend!

~Hugs,

10 comments:

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous!

Linsey said...

oh, that is too darn cute! I just love the bright and cheery color combo too! Super duper fun card! I agree, tgif and have a great weekend! hugs~

My Paper World said...

Wow! That's so pretty! Love your cute pocket card!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Sooo cute Deb!

I am with you on the whole "what DH doesn't know..." thing - oh, if they ever found out - yikes! Luckily mine doesn't make too many noises about that anymore, and actually encouraged me to sell my Marvy punches and buy Nestabilities simply to "reduce the massive volume of STUFF in that room, Jen..." Um, yes, anything you say {about this, just this one time} dear.

Of course he has expensive hobbies too so many he understands. Wait. Is drinking beer a hobby?

HAHAHA. Ok, I'm done, just wanted to say hi, I am glad I found your "block" too!!

Heather said...

Cute sketch card- I love how you put it all together with the plaid paper and the yellow tags. I have lots of bling from Darice too!

Julie Koerber said...

Girl, you are so funny! Wasn't that the whole concept behind Jacki's challenge? And you still have way more? Don't you hear them screaming your name... "Deb, Deb, use me! USE ME!" LOL! Seriously, time to ink 'em all up! I am starting to do that or sell them off to better homes!!! Have a great weekend! Great card by the way! Love the pocket and the tags--very cute!!

Ana Baird said...

Many thanks for your comments on my sympathy card.

Meridith Anne said...

This is so cute Deb!!! I love how you deviated too. That pocket is super cute and I love the tags coming out of it. Thanks for playing along! :)

malieta said...

This card is so darn cute Deb!!!!
malieta:)

Maren said...

This is just too cute!!