Monday, January 26, 2009

An All-Australian Valentine

Pin It


So, being that it's "Australia Day" today, I thought I'd make a Valentine in honor of Australia. I used colors from the Australian flag ... well, not the Kraft card stock ... or the chocolate brown ... that's in honor of chocolate ... but otherwise, it's 100% Australian ... and, as it turns out, 100% American. How 'bout that; a patriotic, multi-national Valentine! For a larger look-see, just clicky on the photo.

I don't know about you, but I'm gettin' mighty sick of making Valentines. I can't seem to stop, though. It's a problem ... I think I need a 12-step program.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created using this cute stamp from All Night Media ... and lots of distressed card stock. There's something very satisfying about shredding card stock ... or is that just me? I also used grosgrain ribbon and rope twine from Stampin' Up. But, as usual, no designer paper.

For all the deets, check out the supply list, below.

So, Sheila and I decided to do some thrift store shopping this weekend. We're happily yakkin' away when we notice a police car on our tail, lights flashing, and siren blaring.

Sheila pulls over and while she waited for the policeman to get out of his car, she said to me, "Watch this ... it works every time."

The officer leaned in to the car and told Sheila that he'd clocked her doing 60 in a 45 mph zone and asked for her name.

Sheila said, "I am Mrs. Ladislav Abdulkhashim Zybkcicraznovskaya from the Republic of Uzbekistan here visiting my daughter."

I swear to God that the cop put away his summons book and pen, and said,"Well, ummm, okay, but don't let me catch you speeding again." And off we went, ticket-free.

Seriously; try it!

~cHeERS!

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: NONE ... again.
  • Stamp: Lips by All Night Media; Sentiment by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Real Red" by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon and Rope Twine by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Distressing Tool, including Scissors and Fingernails

10 comments:

Ann said...

Love this one, Deb! The distressing and twine are fab!

Tina said...

Love it, especially that yummo ribbon.

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is such a cute card! I love those lips (: Great job (:

Heather "Hev" said...

As an Aussie fan of yours Id like to say Thank you :)

Risa Malieta W. said...

Oh gosh...I am still laughing at Sheila..too funny!
I love your Valentine card and the ribbon is so yummy!!
hugs
Risa:)

Theresa said...

Hehe, love those lips! Super sweet Valentine card!

Elena said...

Love the distressing! And these lips are so sweet!

nappy@CU said...

Okay, I love this - it's great!

And . . . you know what you call a woman, or a "chick" in Australia, don't you???
A Sheila! Seriously:-)

Ink Australia said...

Very lovely indeed. It is an artistic work and a unique one. Keep it going. Hope to hear from you again. Thanks.

Shirley said...

A very pretty patriotic card, except for the browns! About Sheila....if I tried that I would be calling someone to come and get me from the local mental institute.