Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In the Pink ... and Riding Hood Red

Pin It


Okay, so it's "Make Your Dream Come True" Day and "Blame Someone Else" Day. Now, you can pick one to celebrate, OR do both, i.e.: "I could make my dreams come true" if it wasn't for ________ (fill-in-the-blank.)" It's a yin-yang kinda thang ...

Today's Valentines Day card project was created with this very kewl stamp from Stampers Anonymous. I stamped it twice on SU card stock and cut an "x" in one of them ... then doubled 'em up and folded back the flaps on the top image.
The "Paisley" backgrounder was stamped on Pink Pirouette card stock using Hybrid ink.

So easy it's practically illegal!

So, yesterday Sheila asked me to go to the hospital with her to visit her co-worker, Jen.

"May I see Jen, please?" she asked the woman blocking the door.

"We don't allow anyone but relatives to see the patients," replied the woman. "Are you a member of the family?"

"Why-er-why, yes. I'm her sister," Sheila lied said.

"Oh, I'm so glad to meet you," said the woman. "I'm her mother!"

Sheila's cheeks turned as pink as this card ... in fact, those bright pink cheeks were the inspiration for this card! Kewl, huh?!?

Seriously.

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Stampers Anonymous; Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Palette Hybrid
  • Accessories: SU Ribbon Slide; SU Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: SU Spiral Punch; Corner Rounder; Craft Knife; Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

12 comments:

Diane.W. said...

So beautiful & sooo PINK!!! ;o)X

Tonniece said...

LOL, you are so the best remedy for the blahs. Thanks for the chuckle.

Lovely card Deb, but with that inspiration how could you loose? LOL


Happy Tuesday

Theresa said...

That ribbon treatment is so cool. I've got to try that.

Tina said...

Love the colors and the ribbon! How pretty!

Annapurna said...

Me Likey all your valentines projects. The card kind of looks like a "D" if you don't focus on the details.

Love how you did the ribbon. It took me a while to figure out how you did the ribbon, but I think I got it.

Way too cool!

julie king said...

i needed a spot of pink today so i'm so glad i stopped in to visit you!

your card is lovely and the story too too funny!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I am lovin' all those shades of pink and that incredible "X" effect!!!! Too, too KEWL:O) Another beautiful creation!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Becky in East Tennessee said...

Yer killing me!

Ann said...

Too kewl! :D

Erica B. said...

I do like how you did the ribbon there. Now that I have locked that idea into my memory, I have to say I love all the complicated textured sticking out layers you have going on here!

Janine said...

Just beautiful Deb!! Hope all is well with you !!

Elena said...

Love how you tied the ribbon and the "X" idea! Just beautiful!!!