Friday, January 2, 2009

Green Card Makin' ...

Pin It



Hey, there you are! Well, first off, let me wish you a very happy "Run It Up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes It" day!

That's prolly what that guy was celebrating when I accidentally, inadvertently cut him off in traffic. 'Cuz he stuck up his finger and it looked JUST like a l'il flagpole! Pretty kewl, huh?!? Guess it's one of the more popular holidays ...

ONward Hoarding Card Makers:

This card ^ is a recent green/recycling project ... one that won't significantly impact the planet but what the heck, it's a start, right? And just think, if every card maker in Blogdom created one card a week from a recycled magazine image, why we could save say, ... 4 sheets of glossy paper a month! That's a half of one tree a year!! Now we're talkin'! Spread the word ...

Before I toss my magazines in the recycle bin, I go through them looking for ... stuff, including neat images. I found this particular image in a back issue of "Country Homes" magazine and decided it would look loverly on a card front. Even though I now have proof to the contrary ...

Soooo, last weekend the DH and I had tickets for the pre-tournament cocktail party hosted for a celebrity golf tournament. Since we had an extra set, we invited Sheila and her DH to come along.

Several of the famous athletes who were playing in the tournament were at the door greeting guests. Among them was Joe Montana, the pro football Hall of Fame quarterback and Super Bowl winner.

Shaking Sheila's hand, he said, "Hi there, Joe Montana!" She didn't know Joe Montana from Joe Schmo, so in all sincerity she extended her hand and said, "Hello, Sheila Florida."

We're all still giggling about this; just not in front of you-know-who ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Making Memories
  • Stamp: Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Staz-On
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon; Faux Gemstone Flowers
  • Tools: Ticket Corner Punch; Decorative Edge Scissors; Flower Punch; Cuttlebug Die-Cutting Machine; Nestabilities Die; Foam Dimensionals

13 comments:

Tina said...

Well I have to say this is quite lovely, the image is very pretty! Great job!

Theresa said...

Deb, this is gorgeous! I love the way you did the sentiment!

Your story is too funny! BTW, I am Theresa California.

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

So good to see you posting again Deb! The card looks great, what a smart idea! I've really missed hearing about Shelia too.

Becky in East Tennessee said...

I really like this one! Very pretty.

Annapurna said...

Hello! This is Anna India. That doesn't sound good, let us try again. Hello! This is India Anna and I am here to Bloom. He he he.

Beauteous image and Beauteous job with the card.

Shirley said...

I love your card, I love flag-pole day and I totally understand Joe and Sheila. LOLOLOL

The Rubber Maid said...

That is a cool idea and a good way to recycle old glossy pages from your magazines. I like it a lot.
Pat Michigan

Elena said...

The card is so pretty! Love the picture! And your idea!
The story is so funny!

Paula's ponderings said...

GREAT to see you back again Deb...I havent laughed since you left! Happy New Year and what a great card! X

Ann said...

Ahhhh, you crack me up. I missed ya! ;)

Janine said...

I totally understand the Joe Montana story... LOL!!
This is a fabulous card too Deb...
Excellent recycling!!

Deborah said...

Lovely recycled card Deb! I do my part in as many ways as I am able too. Happy new year! Love Joe! Deb

malieta said...

Your card is beautiful Deb!