Monday, January 12, 2009

It's My "Feast of Fabulous Wild Men" Card!

Pin It


Hey, guess what? Today is "Feast of Fabulous Wild Men" day! You go find a couple of fabulous wild men and I'll start the bonfire ...

Today's card project was created for one of the fabulous tame men on my V-Day card list. Fairly tame ... at least he's stopped biting!

Hey, does this ever happen to you? You make a card, take a photograph of it, and after you see the photo you notice all of its problems? I'm sittin' here thinkin' that I should have run that red card stock through the 'Bug in an embossing folder. Oh well, next time ...

So, I was once again roped into attending Sheila's weight-loss class with her. I keep tellin' her that if she stops bringin' me, she'll automatically lose 130 pounds but she doesn't get that. She tells me I can stop going with her as soon as the leader asks for my enrollment fee, though.

Anyway, everyone had weighed in, and the class leader began her lecture on the week's topic - the problems of dining out. She talked about alternatives, such as requesting diet sodas and dressings, and having meat broiled instead of fried.

Finally she turned the question over to the group for discussion. "What is the greatest problem you encounter when going out to eat?"

Sheila promptly replied, "Running into you!"

Seriously!

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Love" by Club Scrap; "Paisley" Backgrounder by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Antique Copper Photo Turns; Brads
  • Tools: "Doily Lace" Border Punch; Dimensionals

13 comments:

Tina said...

This is incredibly beautiful. Love the colors.

Paula's ponderings said...

In my humble, but honest opinion, the card is just perfect as is..it is just "right" if you know what I mean.

Im so GLAD you are back, I have so missed your blog xxxx

Theresa said...

What a great guy card! I love the touch of blue. I think it is perfect the way it is, but I know what you mean about seeing all that is wrong after you photograph it.

Liza said...

Lovely card for valentines day.

Liza x

Shirley said...

It's a beautiful card for a man! What I really like is the red and white on left and the different color blue! The browns are wonderful too! Love the photo holders and the brads, what's not to like. I think the red is just fine, he won't know it isn't embossed. LOLOLOL I am starting to sound like Sheila!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

As far as I'm concerned...this card is perfect just the way it is!!! I love the colors and that stamp is exquisite!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Chris said...

it's a great card!! but i like the red un-cuttlebugged! i really like knowing that someone else does this and not just me. >"< i beat myself up on EVERYTHING i make....

Elena said...

I love your card Deb! Love the blue color and brown! They go well together! I know what you mean about looking at the card after taking a picture... But your card is so pretty to me!

savy said...

I really like this! Very unique - very personal. You did it again, Deb!

malieta said...

This is the perfect masculine Valentine card Deb! I love the color combo and the manly feel of it. As always...super great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Diane.W. said...

OH me,OH my!!! I luvvvvvv this!!!!
You know,Valentines suits you,you make stunning cards!!!
I have some of that card stock,gonna go find it now.....:o)x

Becky in East Tennessee said...

You absolutely crack me up!!! And I am thinking I MUST meet this Sheila chick!!

The card is great. And I really like all of the different aspects of it. VERY NICE

Ann said...

You crack me up! Seriously. Oh, yeah, I love your cards, too! ;)