Friday, January 9, 2009

The Return of the 15 Minute Project ...

Pin It



Hey, there you are! And just in time: today is "Play God Day!" I don't know about you, but I've been wanting to play God for-evuh; I have such plans! The hard part is deciding where to begin ...

ONward Hoarding Card Makers:

Today's super simple Valentine's Day card was created with a kewl mailbox stamp from Azadi Earles and my heart-shaped Nesties. I paper-pieced the stamped image, cut out a bunch of l'il hearts, stamped my sentiment on the 'grass,' tied a bunny-ears bow, and added a cute l'il heart charm with a jump ring.

Using a craft knife, I cut a slit along the interior edge of the mailbox and slid most of the l'il hearts inside.

I stamped a background with watermark ink but since you can barely see it in my photo, I won't even bother to mention it.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 minutes!

Sooooo, last night I was over Sheila's 'helping' her sew, (talk about the blind leading the blind!), when her doorbell rang.

Off she goes to answer the door and within seconds she was back.

"Okay, that was no one," Sheila said.

"Umm, no one?" I asked.

"Well, someone but ... "

"Okay, I'll bite ... who?"

"Just my mother-in-law," Sheila sighed.

"Uhh, oh, is everything okay?"

"Oh sure," she responded, "she just wanted to know if she could stay here for a few days."

"And?" I asked.

"And I told her ... of course, you can stay out there, and I shut the door."

Seriously.

And don't forget to snag the free desktop calendar I made just for you. Scroll on down to the next post and there it is!

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: K&Company
  • Stamps: Azadi Earles; Rubber Soul
  • Ink: "Timber Brown" Staz-On
  • Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Heart Locket Charm; Jump Ring
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Nestabilities; Craft Knife; V-e-r-y Sharp Scissors

17 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the hearts spilling out of the mailbox! Too cute. What a great image that is. Sounds like Sheila and her MIL may need couples therapy.

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is super cute!

Heather "Hev" said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame we dont have postboxes like that here in OZ!!

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & fabulous idea!!!
Have a luvly weekend :o)x

Lisa said...

Oh Deb I love this so fresh and uplifting and your calander, I love it, love it, love it!!!
Hope you had a godd holidays.
Hugs

Julia Aston said...

Hi Deb! long time no contact!!?!? love your paperpieced mailbox with the hearts spilling out!

Chris said...

super cute card...i need LOTS more things i can do in just 15 minutes...my MIL does not stay over...LOL last time she was at my house...i smelled clorox bleach all the way upstairs...i asked her what she was doing? washing your kitchen towels...MY KITCHEN TOWELS ARE BLACK.....so now the BLEACHED kitchen towels are now in the rag box for cleaning...LOL

malieta said...

Your card is so pretty Deb and the lil hearts spilling out of the mailbox are the cutest!
Have a great weekend and BTW....
Shelia had me howling with laughter!
hugs
Risa:)

Latisha said...

Fabulous card! Just loving the mailbox, is so creative. The conversation about your friends mother in law, is actually pretty funny

wendyp said...

Love this!!! WHat a cute idea with the hearts spilling out of the mailbox. I'm so glad to see you blogging again!!!

Erica B. said...

Lovely! I'm never disappointed when I come over!

Elena said...

I love your 15-minutes projects! The mailbox is so cute! You are so creative Deb!
And your story is so funny! I liked it!!!

Ann said...

Ohhh, too cute! Love the hearts bursting out of the mailbox--looks like the opposite of Charlie Brown's mailbox on Valentine's Day. ;)

savy said...

Sooo sweet!

Curt in Carmel said...

When I saw your comment on my blog, I did two things. . .fell off my chair then picked myself up off the floor! LOL I am ELATED to see you back to posting! You don't know how much I have missed you and your Sheila stories. Welcome back my friend! So glad to see you again! Great card btw! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

I can't stand the thought that you did that in 15 minutes. It's beautiful. I really like what you did with the hearts and the charm too! Now Sheila's really making sense again!

Becky in East Tennessee said...

ROFLOLPMP, oh my gosh that is too funny!!! What a comeback!!!

The mailbox is absolutely ADORABLE!! Sooo cute!