Thursday, January 15, 2009

A No-Stamping, Flap-Fold, Giant Valentine

Pin It


Hey, there you are, hope you're having a very happy "Hat Day."

Don't tell law-enforcement personnel anyone, but Sheila and I have a way-kewl day planned! We're gonna spend the afternoon drinking Margaritas, snackin' on nachos, smokin' Mexican cigarettes, and doin' the Mexican Hat Dance ... all whilst dressed in traditional Mexican garb. We do this every week "Hat Day," so we're pretty good at the drinking Hat Dance now. I'll tell ya, these are the days to remember ... if possible.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's super-simple, plain-Jane card project was created based on a BasicGrey tutorial. I simply added some extra layers ... but no brads, buttons, charms, faux gemstones, or ribbons. Nope, not one dang thing to make it even the tiniest bit interesting!

The flap is held in place with two hidden BasicGrey magnetic snaps. Here's a photo of the flap unflapped:


The text and flourishes are rub-ons ... pretty sneaky, huh?!? Oh, and if any one's interested in the destructions, lemme me know and I'll forward 'em on to you. Better ask tomorrow, though ... see above.

So, yesterday I had to go into the Village to do some errands, including some banking.

I gave the teller my deposit and she handed me my change. While I was walking out of the bank, I counted my change ... and quickly headed back to the same cashier.

"Excuse me," I said, "you've given me the wrong change."

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but you'd already stepped away from the counter," said Welcome-to-Bank-of-America-My-Name-is-Lucy-How-Can-I-Help-You. "We don't make corrections after you leave. I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about it now. That's the policy of this bank."

"Ummm, well ... okay," I answered, "I just thought you'd like to know that you gave me an extra twenty. Bye now!"

Was that so wrong?!?

~cHeERS,



  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: K&Company
  • Accessories: Rub-On's (Manufacturer Unknown); BasicGrey Magnetic Snaps
  • Tools: Fiskars Decorative Edge Scissors

12 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hey have one or three for me. Dang....... why couldn't I live closer? LOL

Super cute caseing material here Deb. Love the design, way kewl.

As for that snippy teller serves her right. It seems that sometimes it dosen't pay to be honest, but wait, I guess it did this time. LOL

Happy Friday

Tina said...

Super cute, love the fold.

Have a few for me!

Diane.W. said...

HAHAHA!!! You & Sheila every week!!!
Oh Dear!!!
Your card is luvly & I have those yummy papers,but don't like cutting them!!! :o)x

Theresa said...

Did someone say margaritas? I'm so there!

Love this fold/flap card, Deb!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I'm heading your way to celebrate Hat Day with you and Sheila!!! Sounds like my kinda day:D

I ♥ this beautiful card!!!! The apers and flourishes are absolutely stunning!!!!

I've actually had the same thing happen to me at our bank, and I did the same thing...kept the money. The bank manager tried to persuade me to come back, but a policy is a policy...if it applies to me, it should apply to you as well. Of course I was worried security was going to tackle me in the parking lot for a measly 50 bucks, but he didn't. Thankfully so:o)

Have a great weekend!!!

hugs!
Carolyn

Chris said...

OMG, that is hilarious...what did she say then? you got to keep the $20? oh, the big fold-y heart is super cute!! >"<

Erica said...

UGH, at the risk of sounding like a goodie two shoes, I would have said something like, "Dear, you might want to double check your draw before you send me out of the door, 'cause I believe it might be in your best interest." Then see what she said. I'm sure she would have checked while you patiently waited and then she would have been your friend for the rest of her banking career, and you'd be assured of being able to go the front of the line every time you came to the bank. And she'd greet you by name BEFORE taking a look at your deposit slip or check. Well, that is the right thing to do and it's what Jesus would do, honest. (-:

malieta said...

Your flap fold card is a cutie Deb! It sounds like you and
Sheila are going to have a blast...whooo hooo!
As for the bank teller..I bet the expression on her face was a genuine Kodak moment!!!! hehehe
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

The card is so cute! I love this flip fold! The paper is so pretty!
Did it really happenned with you at the bank Deb? So I guess this little lesson tauhght the clerk something! Be nicer at least to the customer!

Annapurna said...

Don't you dare send this to me girlfriend :-) Love the blue.

Is this from one of our experiments from Allison's challenge?

Curt in Carmel said...

This card is amazing! Now, just a quick comment about the comment here about "what Jesus would do". I think he would have done the same thing you did. He was always teaching lessons right? Can we say "parables"? So, you taught her a lesson. That is exactly what Jesus would do! HA! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Is it possible to give me the desctructions, as you say...to make this card? I had emailed you, but guess it didn't get to you.

Thanks,
Donna