Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Think That I Shall Never See ...

Pin It


a rubber stamp that I don't need. Wait. No. That's not right ... well, it's true but it's not right. Oh. I remember: I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree. Not necessarily this tree, though.

I swear, someone needs to administer electric shock treatments to me. I was inspired to create this card by some cards I know I saw somewhere in Blogdom ... but I can't remember where. I do recall that the blogger in question had used the same tree ... from SU's "Season of Friendship" set, and punched glossy images from magazines. Wherefore art thou, brilliant one? Well, as soon as I find her, or remember where I saw it, I'll edit this post to properly credit the artiste.


EDITED TO ADD: Amy very kindly directed me to Lydia who is indeed the artiste who created this very kewl card project. You can see Lydia's cards HERE. Thanks so much Amy! Oh. And for being sooooooo nice, you've received a FREE, life-time subscription to my blog!

I stamped the aforementioned tree and small birdie with "Timber Brown" solvent ink, then punched out the leaves, the large bird, and the bunnies from vintage sheet music using MS punches. I used some K&Company designer paper for the grass and flowers. As always, you can clicky on the photo for a ginormous view.

I created clouds with a hand-drawn cloud template and fluid chalk ink, then punched out and sanded the sun. All of the critters, the flowers, and most of the leaves were layered for dimension ... using dimensionals. Duh.

Finally, I added some Ranger Inkssentials "Matte Accents" to the l'il bird for some shine ... 'cuz I like my birdies shiny! Next time, I'd add some "Matte Accents" to the tree as well.

Sooooo, after all the dark-rye-bread-hubbub had subsided (see yesterday's post, below), Sheila was complaining to me that her DH refused to learn how to operate a PC.

"I've tried to get him to realize how important it is, since all our financial records are stored on disks." she explained.

"What if something happens to me?" she turned to ask as her poor, defenseless DH wandered through the kitchen ... looking for dark rye bread, I think.

"It's important, Sluggo! You wouldn't know what our assets are," she continued.

"Honey," he replied, "if something happened to you, I wouldn't need any money."

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: K&Company
  • Stamps: Tree and Small Bird from "Season of Friendship" by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Timber Brown" Solvent Ink by Tsukineko; Dark Moss Fluid Chalk Ink; Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Ink
  • Accessories: Vintage (1930's) Sheet Music; Cloud Template; Inkssentials "Matte Accents" by Ranger
  • Tools: 1 1/2" Circle Punch by Marvy Uchida; Small Sakura Punch by Carlacraft; Leaf, Standing Bunny, Sitting Bunny, and Dove Punches by Martha Stewart Crafts; Dimensionals; Large Jagged Edge Decorative Scissors by Provo Craft

16 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful card. Maybe it was Lydia from Understand Blue?

Tina said...

Super duper cute. I love everything about it. Great one!!

Janine said...

Very lovely card Deb... I just love reading your posts. You are so entertaining!
Have a great day!!

Chris said...

that is gorgeous!! love the paper piercing....

Lydia said...

Thanks for the props chickie!! I LOVE your version!!! Don't those bunnies just speak to you?? I love your story too!

mochamama said...

you are so funny girl!!!! Love the card. I have this stamp set and have yet to ink it up!!!

Theresa said...

Love this, Deb! What cool punches you have!

Elena said...

Wow! Deb!!! I LOVE your card!!! You always find a very creative way of representing stamps!!! And your punches are so cool!
Love your story, I think my DH will answer the same!

Tonniece said...

Hi Deb
Really lov'in this card. Those bunnies are so sweet and that tree is so great.

Allison said...

Gorgeous...those birdies at the base of the tree are terrific!

Jeannie said...

Really beautiful and inspiring card - great blog!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeousness! I love love LOVE your tree! The music is perfect and the baby bunny family so CUUUUUTE. I missed seeing your stunning work! :O)

Curt in Carmel said...

Wow, this is really a cool technique! Love how yours turned out. TFS the link! Best, Curt

wendyp said...

I just love this! beautiful effect!!!

Shirley said...

How fun and creative. Love what you did with the DP. Very pretty too! DH is scary I think.

Carolyn Bounds said...

How very beautiful!!! I love the colors and your use of the vintage sheet music!!! Why can't I ever think of using such wonderful things...not like I have any vintage sheet music laying around, but I could age the ones I do have. See, that is why I need you and your creativity to inspire me:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn