Friday, January 16, 2009

Easily Offended? Quick, Look Away Now!

Pin It


I warned you ...

I think this stamp is hysterical but I certainly can understand if you feel otherwise. It's all meant in fun and no lab animals were injured or kilt in the creation of this card ... or this post ... so far as I can tell.

My BFF sent me this w-a-y kewl stamp from Paper Source months ago and I've been waiting for the perfect bit of 'something' to use with it. This bit of 'something' is a scrap of designer paper from Close to My Heart's "Notebook" collection. If you're interested, you can see the entire collection
HERE.

I mounted the designer paper on an embossed scrap of card stock, added a felt heart cut out with my Large Scallop Heart Nesties, three vintage buttons, linen thread, a round tab punchie, an antique copper frame hanger and brad, and a bit of grosgrain ribbon.

And, finis!

So, last night Sheila and I attended a seminar on "Emotional Extremes." Don't ask ...

"Just to establish some parameters," said the speaker,"can someone tell me what the opposite of joy is?"

"Sadness," someone in the audience shouted out.

"And the opposite of depression?"

"Elation," someone volunteered.

"How about the opposite of woe?" the speaker asked.

Sheila shouted out, "Giddy-up!"

Seriously.

Have a great weekend!

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Close to My Heart
  • Stamp: Paper Source
  • Ink: Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Buttons; Felt; Linen Thread; Grosgrain Ribbon; Frame Hanger; Brad; Dimensionals
  • Tools: Round Tab Punch by Stampin' Up; Die Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

18 comments:

Tina said...

This is entirely too funny!

Theresa said...

OMGosh, that is too funny! I love it.

Heather "Hev" said...

Trying to think of an occasion to send this card :LOL:

Sheila sounds like my kinda SOH!!

Vicki C said...

lol..
hey deb.. you won the giveaway on my blog.. so if you email me your addy.. I'll get that in the mail to you.

Diane.W. said...

You made me LOL twice!!!!
The sentiment is sooo very cheeky!!!
Sheila is sooo luvable!!!

Have a great weekend too,Deb :o)x

Tonniece said...

Offended? I LOVE IT Deb. LOL
You could be makeing big bucks doing comedy you know. But keep stampin toooo......OK?

I'm almost p...ing my pants here.
"Giddy-up", too funny.

Chris said...

OMG!!! love that stamp!! my friends would die laughing...i figure i probably offended someone yesterday with my post...LOL but that post is the true me..

Lydia said...

I think wine just came out my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nappy2CU said...

My husband would be so flattered if I got this card! I love it! You are amzaing, as always!

eva said...

I really like your blog.Is graceful and beautiful.
Sorry, I use a translator.
Eugenia.

malieta said...

Your card doesn't offend me at all Deb! I have a great sense of humor and laughing is natures therapy! I love your card and Sheila too!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

This card is so funny! Love it!

eva said...

Deb, thank you very much for me to blog kommentariy.U top is a translator, you can use it for reading.
I am not very long ago brought a blog, and therefore is not all my work zagruzila.J hope that will do it quietly.

Curt in Carmel said...

Like one other commentor said, I wonder what the occasion would be for this card. HA! Gotta love those Sheila stories. Best, Curt

Carolyn Bounds said...

Hahahahaha!!! (Catching my breath) Hahahahaha!!! You are a riot!!!! This card is absolutely hysterical!!! I must show this to my hubby:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Paula's ponderings said...

lol...cant dec ide which is the funniest....Sheila or the card...card or Sheila??? Close contest! Just brilliant...both! XX

Latisha said...

this is the best card/blogpost that I have seen in a long time!

wendyp said...

LOL!!!! Love it!