I do believe it, I do believe it's true ...
In fact, right now you can see blue, brown, and orange giraffes at the Palm Beach Zoo. I kid you not! Where do you think I got the idea?!?
So this month flew by, huh?!? I swear the time/space continuum is in overdrive and the planet is wildly spinnin' out of control. Yup, we'll be crashin' soon ... December 21, 2012, to be exact. Which brings me to "National Escape Day!" Yesirree, you go ahead and figure out how to get outta here alive and I'm totally on board!
Today's card project was created for my sweet l'il nephews birthday. The giraffes are from SU's retired "Wild Things" collection and the sentiment is from PTI's "Faux Ribbon" set. The "grass" was created in a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and the l'il clumps of grass were creating using a (surprise!) grass clump punch.
If you clicky on the photo, you can see where I created some clouds with a template and chalk ink. I punched out some l'il balloons with (surprise!) a balloon punch, and tied 'em to the giraffes tail with embroidery floss.
Soooooo, yesterday Sheila and I took her wild-child, Reid, to the barber for a haircut.
"Make it short," Sheila said, "with a bare patch above his left ear, but longer on the right side so that it covers his right ear. I also want the left side burn above his left ear and the right side burn below his right ear."
The barber, a nice man who obviously didn't realize who he was dealing with, looked puzzled and said, "I don't think I can do that."
Sheila snapped, "I don't know why not ... that's the way you cut it the last time I brought Reid here!"
I'll be back before you know it with my special Valentine's Day gift ... just for you! You can hardly wait, huh?
- Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Stamper's Select, Papertrey Ink; Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Giraffes from "Wild Things" Collection, Stampin' Up; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
- Ink: "Sky Blue" Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; "Pacific Point" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Chocolate" and "Autumn Terracotta" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
- Accessories: DMC Embroidery Floss
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" Embossing Folder; Nestabilities Large Classic Circle Die; Grass Punch by Carlacraft; Balloon Punch, Unknown; 1/16" Hand-held Punch by Fiskars; Dimensionals; Cloud Template by Moi