Friday, January 30, 2009

Somethin' Tells Me it's All Happenin' at the Zoo ...

Pin It


I do believe it, I do believe it's true ...

In fact, right now you can see blue, brown, and orange giraffes at the Palm Beach Zoo. I kid you not! Where do you think I got the idea?!?

So this month flew by, huh?!? I swear the time/space continuum is in overdrive and the planet is wildly spinnin' out of control. Yup, we'll be crashin' soon ... December 21, 2012, to be exact. Which brings me to "National Escape Day!" Yesirree, you go ahead and figure out how to get outta here alive and I'm totally on board!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for my sweet l'il nephews birthday. The giraffes are from SU's retired "Wild Things" collection and the sentiment is from PTI's "Faux Ribbon" set. The "grass" was created in a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and the l'il clumps of grass were creating using a (surprise!) grass clump punch.

If you clicky on the photo, you can see where I created some clouds with a template and chalk ink. I punched out some l'il balloons with (surprise!) a balloon punch, and tied 'em to the giraffes tail with embroidery floss.

Soooooo, yesterday Sheila and I took her wild-child, Reid, to the barber for a haircut.

"Make it short," Sheila said, "with a bare patch above his left ear, but longer on the right side so that it covers his right ear. I also want the left side burn above his left ear and the right side burn below his right ear."

The barber, a nice man who obviously didn't realize who he was dealing with, looked puzzled and said, "I don't think I can do that."

Sheila snapped, "I don't know why not ... that's the way you cut it the last time I brought Reid here!"

Ouch!

I'll be back before you know it with my special Valentine's Day gift ... just for you! You can hardly wait, huh?

~Hugs!

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Stamper's Select, Papertrey Ink; Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Giraffes from "Wild Things" Collection, Stampin' Up; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: "Sky Blue" Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; "Pacific Point" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Chocolate" and "Autumn Terracotta" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: DMC Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" Embossing Folder; Nestabilities Large Classic Circle Die; Grass Punch by Carlacraft; Balloon Punch, Unknown; 1/16" Hand-held Punch by Fiskars; Dimensionals; Cloud Template by Moi

18 comments:

Tina said...

Too cute! I'm also guilty of "forgetting" how old the young ones are.

IL Cielo di Praga said...

fantastic cards.very very good.kiss

Theresa said...

Super cute card! I love the colorful giraffes. Still in the planning stages of my escape, but I know it involves lots of chocolate.

Chris said...

super cute card!! i see those colors on animals when i drink too much...LOL your sheila stories crack me up...but i think we use the same barber...i sent you some snow via fedX...>"<

Allison said...

Awesome creation! Love the mix of elements (esp. making that grass!).

Kristie said...

So very cute!

Elena said...

Sheila's son haircut sound familar to my son! We never had a luck with barber, only the last one was all right!
Your card is absolutely adorable, Deb!!! I love all the elements you create - grass, clouds, balloons!

savy said...

You are a great Grandma.

Also a wonderful friend :-)

(And an unfairly talented artist.)

Curt in Carmel said...

Awesomely cute card! Love the colors on this one! Best, Curt

CraftyC said...

A wonderful card, love the giraffes!
Clairexx

Shirley said...

It will be hard to wait and I think Sheila's barber is married to half the beauticians in NC....ouch! I love giraffes and your card is so cute and cheerful too!

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a fabulously *F*U*N* card!!!! I love the vibrantly colored giraffes, and all the wonderful balloons!!!! Too, too cute:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tonniece said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute. Sorry I just couldn't leave any of them out, because all 5 giraffes are too adorable. Awesome card Deb.

Sheila? Great come back, Loved it. LOl

Ann said...

Total cuteness!

Risa Malieta W. said...

I so love your card Deb and your nephew will love it too! The detailing and colored giraffes are adorable!
hugs
Risa:)

Annapurna said...

This is one of your best. Since you already sent it off to someone, you should make one more and save it for when someone wants to look at your creations and order from you. I kid you not, very pretty!

Erica B. said...

I love how you stamped all the colorful giraffes. seriously, they look fit for a party.

savy said...

GMTA (Great Minds Think Alike . . . but you knew that . . . ) This last week in DC we visited the zoo. I was trying to remember all the words to this song, to sing it to my 10-year old.

"Zebras are reactionary . . . "