Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Be Mine ... Or I'll Drive A Small Tree Thru Your Heart

Pin It


Now that I have your attention, let me wish you an exceedingly wonderful "National Buttercrunch Day." I don't know about you, but any time my butter crunches I throw it out ... but that's just me.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's Valentine was created using this swirly tree stamp from Pink Cat Studio. I stamped it twice with "Twilight" dye ink, then cut them out and layered 'em ... but you already knew that didn't you Miss Smarty-Pants?!?

The sentiment is from
Close to My Heart's "Say It in Style" stamp set and I really-and-truly love this set of stamps. I've yet to find an occasion where I couldn't use this set ... but I'll betcha you can come up with a few if you try, lol. I have an extra set (don't ask), available for sale in my eBay store ... you can see it HERE.

For the rest of the deets, check out my Supply List, below.

So, Sheila's Sunday School Class had an Open House this past weekend. Terrified that no one would show up, she asked the DH and I to make an appearance. Happily, about a dozen parents showed up so Sheila dismissed us. But not before this:

"What was Jesus' mother's name?" Sheila asked her class of five and six year olds.

"Mary." a cute little girl answered.

"And who knows what Jesus' father's name was?" Sheila continued.

A little boy eagerly answered, "Verge."

Confused, (as usual), Sheila asked, "Where did you get that, Kevin?"

"From you, Miss Sheila. You're always talkin' about Verge 'n' Mary!"

Seriously.

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Blue Bayou, Pink Pirouette by Stampin' Up; Vintage Cream by PTI
  • Designer Paper: "Two Scoops" by BasicGrey
  • Stamps: Sentiment by Close to My Heart; Tree by Pink Cat Studio
  • Ink: "Twilight" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Ribbon by Martha Stewart; Heart Stickie-Thingies, Unknown; Jump Ring
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Square Rectangle Die; Cuttlebug "Charms" Die; Photo Corner Punch by Stampin' Up; Border Punch by Fiskars; Dimensionals

11 comments:

Tina said...

Deb, this is super cute! The hearts are a perfect embellie.

Theresa said...

Hehe, that Sheila is a keeper. Beautiful card!Love the little tag sentiment.

Elena said...

This card is so cute, Deb! I love the tree! And little tag is so sweet!

Tonniece said...

Love the fresh and feminine look of your card. That border punch is great and the pink bg with the dp corners.

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card & the tree stamp is gorgeous :o)x

Carolyn Bounds said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love the beautiful Two Scoops paper, and your layout is sensational!!! I love all the beautiful details, and that tree stamp is fabulous!!! Another beauty to admire!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

malieta said...

Your card is so pretty Deb! The beautiful heart tree just grabs ones attention. I love it and the color combo is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

super cute card and story!! "out of the mouths of babes..."

Paula's ponderings said...

A really cool card. That tree is so cute!! As for Sheila's stories they are a gas!

Annapurna said...

I love everything about this card. EVERYTHING!

Nice blog background. Good Job!

Shirley said...

What a wonderful beautiful card! I think the color combo is gorgeous!