Monday, January 19, 2009

My Eyes, My Eyes!

Pin It


WoWzA, bright, huh?!? Don't stare at this too long ... I wouldn't want you to go blind or anything. If you want ... just for a second ... you can clicky on the photo for a ginormous view.

Today's card project was inspired by The Cat's Pajama's blog challenge to use the colors teal, pumpkin, and olive. I knew goin' in that I wouldn't finish this project in time to enter the challenge, but I was intrigued by the color combination. So, tell me, when's the last time you saw a Valentine in these colors? Never ... see, I knew you were gonna say that!

I gave the MS Doily Lace border punch a work-out creating these borders ... but what's a Valentine without paper doilies? For all the gory details, check out my Supply List, below.

So, this weekend I discovered that Sheila has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped.

She keeps it in the trunk.

Seriously!

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: "Blue Bayou," and "Tangerine Tango" by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Cogsmo" by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: "Hearts & Flowers" by Autumn Leaves, Sentiment by Verve Visual
  • Inks: "Twilight" Die Ink by Close to My Heart; "Cocoa" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Brads by Close to My Heart; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Dimensionals; 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; "Doily Lace" Border Punch by Martha Stewart

15 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

I am going to try my damndest to make this card!!! It would be the perfect Valentine for my brother!! He is a diehard Miami Dolphin fan (has been since he was five), and these colors match perfectly!!! Of course, I would use a different sentiment for the front of the card, but the rest is right on the money!!! I feel a CASEing coming on for sure:o) Hope you don't mind. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Big, happy {{{HUGS}}}!
Carolyn

Heather "Hev" said...

I think this looks fabulous - and I would never have imagined these colours together!!

I think your card is fab and yay for you :)

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & very zingy,lol!!!

Luv the lil girl reading the book behind it too,awww!!!!:o)x

ps.I'm not far behind Sheila,my Hubby told me I had an emergency breakdown car kit in my boot & I said "nope I only have a 1st aid kit",it has been in there years BTW,my friend was in stitches when hubby opened it & produced Jump Leads!!! ;O)

Tina said...

Wow, bright as it is, it's still pretty.

malieta said...

Well I guess this is why we love challenges so much Deb. Your card is very pretty and the colors are bright and cute!
hugs
Risa:)

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow, who would have thought to make a Valentine with those colors
but it works. Pat

Theresa said...

Wowzers! I never would have thought those colors could look good together, but you have done it. Beautiful!

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Thanks so much for the nice remarks! So nice of you to comment on my cards! :)

Carolyn King said...

LOVE this....you did a fantastic job!

Elena said...

I love these colors! Really! They work just fine for very cute Valentine's card!!! I love the way how you take the pictures of your cards, Deb!

Tonniece said...

Fabulous card Deb, great color combo, and love the lace border.

Erica B. said...

What fabulous colors!! You're so awesome.

wendyp said...

i love bright!!! this is awesome!

Annapurna said...

And this one too. Never would have thought to put those colors together, but they go really well.

Nice job!

Shirley said...

I love it! Nontraditional colors and a wonderful beautiful change too!