Friday, January 23, 2009

What? This Old (Lookin') Thing?

Pin It


Hey, there you are! So happy "National Handwriting Day," "National Pie Day," and "Measure Your Feet Day." I can't decide which I'll celebrate; I suffer from option paralysis. It's a rare medical condition but with proper medication, it's pretty much under control now ...

ONward Hoarding Card Makers:


Today's vintage-inspired card project was created for my V-day stash using some really vintage ephemera from a book published in 1897. I created the large scallops along the edge of this old sheet of paper using a slit punch. For a ginormous view, just clicky on my photo.

I created some really sloppy primitive stitches using linen twine ... now this is the reason I don't do cross-stitch!


For all the deets, check my Supply List, below.

Soooooo, yesterday Sheila and I got up early to go to the Farmer's Market. On the way, we decided to stop at a diner for a quick breakfast.

Our waitress brought us coffee and asked if we'd like to try their "Unique Breakfast."

"What's your Unique Breakfast?" Sheila asked.

"Baked tongue of chicken!" she proudly replied.

"Baked tongue of chicken? Baked tongue of chicken! Do you have any idea how disgusting that is? I would never even consider eating anything that came out of a chicken's mouth!" Sheila fumed.

"Okay, okay, what would you like then?" the waitress said."

"Just bring me some scrambled eggs," Sheila replied.

It'll grow on you ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Stitched" Backgrounder from Stampin' Up; "Heart" by U.B. Stampin
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red" by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Linen Twine; Vintage Ephemera, Personal Collection
  • Tools: Edge Distresser; Making Memories Paper Piercing Tool; Slit Punch by Stampin' Up

11 comments:

Tina said...

So sweet and pretty!

Theresa said...

One vote for National Pie Day. Love the card, Deb!

Heather "Hev" said...

Gorgeous card!!

Food for thought with the eggs ;)

I have pondered this and I have a feeling not many would be celebrating National Measure Your Feet Day - wouldnt it be too cold to take your socks off for though??? Here we would be fine!!

Allison said...

Just lovely Deb!

Becky in East Tennessee said...

This is really really pretty.

Risa Malieta W. said...

I love your vintage inspired Valentine card Deb! The aged paper is awesome and the stitching with twine makes your card really pop!!!
Have a great weekend and TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

I will celebrate National Pie Day!
Your card is so special, Deb! Wow! A paper from the 19th century!!!

Tonniece said...

Darn...... I've missed national handwriting, Pie, and Measure your feet day, so no Meds needed here.

Like the vintage card Deb, and the Primitive??? stitches....(Vintage, Primitive) works for me.

Thanks to you and Sheila for the ROF belly laugh.

Janine said...

Just lovely Deb!!! Hope all is well.. Just arrived back from Vegas so have a little catching up to do...

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ouuulala! I love this card. (I love all your cards, but the text on here is droolalicious.) And the stitching!?! YUMMMM! :O) P.s. I have those exact books! TOO funny! :O)

Shirley said...

Boy, you've been busy! This one is really creative. I love what you did with the twine. All great minds I guess. Sheila's mind is great like mine!!!