Monday, January 5, 2009

Be a Clown, Be a Clown, Be a Clown ...

Pin It

Why not, somebody's gotta do it!

Today, I thought I'd share with you the "Circus" paper bag album I've recently listed for sale on eBay. Otherwise, I'll have to wax poetic about it being "Bird Day," and frankly, I'm fresh outta inspired bird thoughts.

This ^ is the cover. And on that cover is a v-e-r-y old "House of Fun" mirror. And it really works, too! This great old bit of ephemera was a Dairy Queen give-away w-a-y back in the Swingin' Sixties.


Here's a closer look at all the doodads I've got hangin' off the hinge ring. Now that is a very kewl monkey charm even if I do say so myself!

This ^ spread is pages two and three ...
this ^ spread is pages four and five. Hey! Check out those old "Mixies" cards!

This ^ spread is pages six and seven, and
this ^ spread is pages eight and nine.

Finally, this ^ spread is pages ten and eleven.

If you'd like to see the rest of the photos and all the particulars, click HERE to see the album listing on eBay.

So Sheila joined a popular weight-loss organization and begged asked me to attend the first meeting with her. She's shy ...

Anyway, at the first meeting, the instructor held up an apple and a candy bar.

"What are the attributes of this apple," she asked, "and how do they relate to our diet?"

Sheila sat quietly while others in the room volunteered, "low in calories" and "lots of fiber."

The instructor then detailed what was wrong with eating candy, and concluded, "Apples are not only more healthful but also less expensive. Do you know I paid a dollar for this candy bar?"

We all stared as she held aloft the forbidden treat. Finally, Sheila spoke up: "I'll give you a dollar and a half for it."

Seriously.

~Hugs!

11 comments:

Tina said...

Deb, this is incredible. Look at all that detail and fun stuff.

Diane.W. said...

Hey Deb!!!
Luv your new blog header,very pretty.
Your book is just amazing! I remember the mixie cards!!!There is sooo much to look at :o)x

Becky in East Tennessee said...

This is great! Look at all that STUFF!

Theresa said...

Oh my word! The detail on this album is incredible! Amazing job!!!

I would have gone as high as $5 for that candy bar.

malieta said...

Oh Deb....your album is off the hook gorgeous! I love the clown,the bright colors and the embellishments rock!
After reading your entire post, I have to admit that Sheila made me howl with laughter...too funny:)

Shirley said...

What a wonderfully fun album. And what a background on it too! I love the mirrow thing. I bet I look better in that one. Ha! I'll give $2 for that candy bar.

Joan said...

Love this circus project and your story made me laugh!!! Good for Sheila for speaking up!!! LOL Joan

Elena said...

Amazing job, Deb! I love all the details! Love the mirrow too!
Sheila really gave a good laugh!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow that is INCREDIBLE. Such creativity!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Deb-

You are amazing!!! This is fantastic! I adore it!

Ann said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love this! :D