Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Heart Felt Hearts ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Hey, there you are! So today is "National Hugging Day" and, as in years past, I plan on huggin' everyone who crosses my path today. Whether they like it or not ...

I'll confess that last year on National Hugging Day I met with some very mixed reviews. Oh. And I got arrested too. But, hey, how was I s'posed to know that the Brink's Security guy was so stinkin' paranoid?!?

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's Valentine's Day card was created in a New-York-Minute using four 1 5/8" square punchies, some DP from Cosmo Cricket's "Hey, Sugar" collection, some die-cut hearts, felt, and vintage buttons. As always, you can clicky on the photo for the ginormous view.

The sentiment, from Close to My Heart, available
HERE, was stamped in Rose Red dye ink on SU card stock, then die cut using a Nesties label die.

I added some CTMH brads and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Soooooooooo, yesterday Sheila and I popped into our local Publix-Where-Shopping-is-a-Pleasure to pick up a few things.


In the Produce department, Sheila cornered stopped an employee and said, "These vegetables ... they're for my husband. Have they been sprayed with any poisonous chemicals?"

The produce guy looked her straight in the eye and said,"No, Ma'am; you'll have to do that yourself."

Seriously! No, r-e-a-l-l-y!!

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamp: "Say it in Style" by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Rose Red" Die Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Buttons; DMC Embroidery Floss; Brads; Felt; Dimensionals
  • Tools: 1 5/8" Square Punch by McGill; Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies

11 comments:

Tina said...

How utterly adorable!

Theresa said...

ROFLOL! Love this card, Deb! I have to run errands today, so I will be expecting to get hugged by strangers.

Tonniece said...

I was going to hug everyone today too, but after reading you got arrested, well I'm thinking better of it.......LOL

Love the card Deb, your 15 min. it's a stunner.

By the way I really like your new blog look. The birds and swirls are so pretty.

Poor Sheila, she is so misunderstood. LOL

Have a good one Deb

Elena said...

Love the card! Yuor 15 minutes cards are gorgeous, Deb!!!

malieta said...

Hey Deb,
I love your "New York" minutes cards, and this card is such a cutie!
I only wish that I could whip together such cute cards in 15 minutes, it seems to take me forever. *lol* and advice or tips Sheila? *wink*
hugs
Risa:)

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a pretty card! I just love hearts (:

Deanna said...

Totally cute card!

Michelle (Lady2cu) said...

Great card...love the design. And you can't ever go wrong with Cosmo Cricket! :-)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Okay now I am really freaked right out. I have that exact same canning jar (blue with the same old lid!) I dug them out of cow poop in an old barn in Woodstock Illinois! I have 4 medium ones & one big big one. (The big big one is the only one with a lid.) TOO serendipitous! Maybe we were separated at birth? You, me & Anna!!! :O)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Okay now that I am over the shock of the jar. I can get it together and move on: I flippin love love love this card. That colour combo is my new fave. It is so stunning and the layout & the way you tied the buttons. PURE sweetenss! :O) Me stop stalking you now.... ;O)

Shirley said...

Love it! How funny about Sheila!