And I did ... but then I found 'em again!
This strange-looking card was created for SCS's "Technique Lovers" challenge, TLC218. This week, we were challenged to create backgrounds using reinkers and marbles. So I did. And that's when I went looking for my lost marbles ... but, as you can see, I found them!
For all of the instructions to create your own "marbled" background, clicky HERE; to go straight to the "marbled" card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo above.
See that l'il bit of ribbon up there? Yeah, I thought I could sneak this bad boy into this weeks' SCS "Clean and Simple" challenge ... but once it was all together I realized that nothing about this card was either clean or simple. And then I forgot to remove it before taking my pix ...
So, while this technique was fun ... and definitely different ... I don't think I'll be adding this technique to my "go-to" technique list. It's a little too messy, a little too busy, and a little too ... ummm, ugly.
For all the earth-shattering product info, please check the Supply List, below. You'll be glad you did. Right.
As much as this pains me, I must admit that Sheila hasn't said or done anything particularly funny ... or interesting, in the last two days. Stay tuned: I'm hoping for a big weekend!
Thanks for swingin' by and have a great weekend!
- Card Stock: Close to My Heart; Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up
- Stamp: "Delight in Life" Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink and Reinkers: "Indian Corn Blue" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink by Ranger; "Peeled Paint" Distress Ink by Ranger
- Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Faux Gemstones
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nested Bird Die by Spellbinder's; Labels One Dies by Spellbinders; Large Classic Oval Die by Spellbinders; Heart Punch by EK Success; Ticket Corner Punch by Stampin' Up; Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive