Thursday, May 21, 2009

B.Y.O.S. ...

Pin It


And B.Y.O.B. while you're at it!

Today's card was made in a flash using this fun "girlfriend" stamp from Unity Stamp Company, sunshiney designer paper, and a strip tease from Cosmo Cricket's "Hello Sunshine" collection.

Using a SAMJ, I stamped my image three times on white card stock, then again on scraps of designer paper. After I paper-pieced the funky girlfriends images, I added my strip tease, a scrap of designer paper, a ribbon, and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in ... oh, say ... 25 minutes.

For all the gory product details, refer to the Supply List, below.

Sooooo, Sheila's DH, Ken, owns a glass company and he's currently running an ad for an experienced glazier.

"Well," I offered, "with so many people out of work, you shouldn't have too hard a time finding someone."

"Let's hope," Ken answered, "a good glass man is hard to find." Well, I let that go ...

But while we were hangin' out, he took a phone call from a man who said he had over 10 years of experience.

"Fantastic!" Ken said to the caller, "Where have you worked as a glazier?"

"Dunkin' Donuts," the man responded.

Yeah, he didn't get the job ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; you rock!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Hello Sunshine" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Other Paper: Strip Tease from "Hello Sunshine" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: Unity Stamp Company
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Ribbon, Unknown
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders; Cuttlebug "Swiss Dot" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by EK Success; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

8 comments:

Sharli said...

Oh Goodie, I'm first! This paper piecing is so pretty! The yellow "Sun" behind the summery girls - just adorable! I really, really like this design!

Glazed donuts. Yikes!
Have a wonderful day!

Tina said...

Your card just screams sunshine and warmth. Love the colors and papers...fun, fun, fun!

Elena said...

Your card is like a sunshine! Love the cute little scene and paper piecing!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card!!! I love all your wonderful funny stories.

Chris said...

love that card! those stick figures are very cute!! you haven't had much sunshine in florida this week....>"< have a great holiday weekend!!

Theresa said...

Oh, what a happy card! Love it! I'll bring my own margarita, if you don't mind. Too funny about the glazier, although I don't know why anyone would want to give up a job at Dunkin' Donuts. Think of the benefits. Yum.

Ann said...

This card just makes me smile. I love it!

Risa said...

What a super fun and cute card!
hugs
Risa:)