Friday, May 22, 2009

Tri-Shutter Birthday Greetings:

Pin It


TGiF! And welcome to the first day of your long holiday weekend!

Today's fun card project was created for SCS's "Try a New Technique" challenge, TLC221. For all the challenging deets, including instructions on how to make your own Tri-Shutter card, clicky HERE. To go straight to the Tri-Shutter card photo gallery, clicky HERE. To see the ginormous view of my card, and you should, clicky right there on my photo.

Paper hoarders crafters, you need to create a card like this! It looks complicated but it's embarrassingly easy. It's all in the scoring ... and just two long cuts ... and so quick and easy you'll never want to make a regular-shaped card again!

My card was created using "Double Mates" 90 pound card stock from WorldWin in "Coffee Brown," and less than one sheet of double-sided designer paper from the "Bloom" collection by My Mind's Eye.

I stamped my images, added some sparkly glitter brads from KI Memories, die-cut some coordinating flowers, and punched out ten butterflies.

I'll be honest: it took less than an hour to create this card ... and four days to get a decent photograph of it! All the angles makes it ... ummm ... difficult to photograph. And now I have two photos I can't decide between. Just pick your favorite and clicky on that one.

The really neat thing about this card is that it folds up to fit in a regular A2 size envelope. Here's a lookie at the card folded up, ready to mail:


Why not give this project a a try sometime over the weekend ... you'll be glad you did! Oh, yes, you will!!

For all the heart-pounding product info, check out the supply list, below.

So, last Sunday, Sheila and her family, including Reid-the-Wild-Child, and my table-for-two family, went to the Baptism of our friends' new baby together.

During the service, it was obvious that Reid-the-Wild-Child was entranced with the proceedings. His mouth was shut and his eyes were wide-open, glued to all the details of the event.

As is normal, the minister stood at the Baptismal font, and quietly spoke while pouring water over the infant's head.

Suddenly, the good-Reid-timer ran out as Reid-the-Wild-Child loudly asked, "Why is he brainwashing the baby?!?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend! And sometime this weekend, why not spend a moment reflecting on, or praying for, those brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Vintage Cream" by Papertrey Ink; "Coffee Brown" Double Mates by World Win
  • Designer Paper: "Bloom" Collection by My Mind's Eye
  • Stamps: Sentiment from "Sincere Salutations" Set by Stampin' Up; Flowers and Stems from "Daisy Crazy" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Kiwi Kiss" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up; Palette "Cote d'Azure" Hybrid Ink by Stewart Superior
  • Accessories: Sparkly Glitter Brads by KI Memories
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Die by Spellbinders; Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by EK Success; "Flowers" Dies by Provo Craft; Perfect Layers Tool by Stampin' Up; Craft Knife by Olfa; Scor-It Board by Hammonds; 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Glue Dots by Mini-Glue Dots

18 comments:

LeAnne said...

OMW, Debbie, this is fabulous! What a great creation---I can't wait to try this! Let's see, I should have some time in June, I think! :D
LeAnne

Tina said...

Jeebus, I am totally in awe of this. The papers, the embellishments, and those great stamps all make for one fabulous card. I love it.

Theresa said...

Snort! Gotta love Reid. Your card is amazing! I think you've got me convinced to give this one a try. Wow!

nappy2CU said...

Wow - this is amazing, Deb!

Danni said...

I keep seeing these but still don't think I'm brave enough to try one.
Gorgeous card!! You did a great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh i love this super wonderful job.

Brenda said...

Deb this is outstanding!!!! I guess I will have to give it a try, I have been a little afraid to try it thinking it would be difficult. Thank you for inspiring me.

Elena said...

Your card is amazing! Looks difficult for me to try, but you really did a fabulous job, Deb!

Janine said...

Hi Deb What a great card!! I am definitely a hoarder so this would be perfect... HAve a wonderful weekend.

Elena said...

Hello Deb! You asked me about the DP - it is a WeR Memory Keepers (White Out Collection, Explore-paper line https://weronthenet.com/productsx/products/products.aspx?page=wo_papers.htm). I bought it at our local scrapbooking store. I also distressed it with a Ranger Old Paper ink.

Chris said...

OMG, that's the best flippin' card i've seen since you did that flower thing-y with the awning...of course i remember, that's when i knew i had to come here regularly...i dropped a bread crumb onto my blog!! my b-day is in sept, i'll be expecting one of these sexy numbers!!! have a great weekend!! i'm going to drink...lots!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are such fun cards to make! You did it beautifully!! Cute story by the way! Too funny!

Hannah said...

oh, wow!! this is FABULOUS! gotta try this some time ;-)

Ann said...

Wow, Deb! This looks amazing! Very, very cool.

Allison said...

Yikes...I won't touch one of these with a 10 ft. pole right now (it is all I can do to get A2s right!). Lovely creation with a great mix of colors!

Annapurna said...

Awesome! Nice combination of papers and colors and other embellies.

I may have to give it a try. Wait, I decided not to make any cards, unless I use the ones I already have. I will keep it on the list of to makes :-)

Risa said...

Oh my goodness..your card is amazing Deb! You say it is easy and I want to believe you, but it certainly looks difficult! *lol*
hugs
Risa:)

Shirley said...

I love this and am definitley going to try this, I just don't know when. Ha!