TGiF! And welcome to the first day of your long holiday weekend!
Today's fun card project was created for SCS's "Try a New Technique" challenge, TLC221. For all the challenging deets, including instructions on how to make your own Tri-Shutter card, clicky HERE. To go straight to the Tri-Shutter card photo gallery, clicky HERE. To see the ginormous view of my card, and you should, clicky right there on my photo.
hoarders crafters, you need to create a card like this! It looks complicated but it's embarrassingly easy. It's all in the scoring ... and just two long cuts ... and so quick and easy you'll never want to make a regular-shaped card again!
My card was created using "Double Mates" 90 pound card stock from WorldWin in "Coffee Brown," and less than one sheet of double-sided designer paper from the "Bloom" collection by My Mind's Eye.
I stamped my images, added some sparkly glitter brads from KI Memories, die-cut some coordinating flowers, and punched out ten butterflies.
I'll be honest: it took less than an hour to create this card ... and four days to get a decent photograph of it! All the angles makes it ... ummm ... difficult to photograph. And now I have two photos I can't decide between. Just pick your favorite and clicky on that one.
The really neat thing about this card is that it folds up to fit in a regular A2 size envelope. Here's a lookie at the card folded up, ready to mail:
Why not give this project a a try sometime over the weekend ... you'll be glad you did! Oh, yes, you will!!
For all the heart-pounding product info, check out the supply list, below.
So, last Sunday, Sheila and her family, including Reid-the-Wild-Child, and my table-for-two family, went to the Baptism of our friends' new baby together.
During the service, it was obvious that Reid-the-Wild-Child was entranced with the proceedings. His mouth was shut and his eyes were wide-open, glued to all the details of the event.
As is normal, the minister stood at the Baptismal font, and quietly spoke while pouring water over the infant's head.
Suddenly, the good-Reid-timer ran out as Reid-the-Wild-Child loudly asked, "Why is he brainwashing the baby?!?"
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend! And sometime this weekend, why not spend a moment reflecting on, or praying for, those brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
- Card Stock: "Vintage Cream" by Papertrey Ink; "Coffee Brown" Double Mates by World Win
- Designer Paper: "Bloom" Collection by My Mind's Eye
- Stamps: Sentiment from "Sincere Salutations" Set by Stampin' Up; Flowers and Stems from "Daisy Crazy" Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Kiwi Kiss" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up; Palette "Cote d'Azure" Hybrid Ink by Stewart Superior
- Accessories: Sparkly Glitter Brads by KI Memories
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Die by Spellbinders; Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by EK Success; "Flowers" Dies by Provo Craft; Perfect Layers Tool by Stampin' Up; Craft Knife by Olfa; Scor-It Board by Hammonds; 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Glue Dots by Mini-Glue Dots