Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello L'il Birdie ...

Pin It


Yippee, it's Monday again! Hope your weekend was fab-you-low-so!

Today's card was created for SCS's "Sketch Challenge," SC226. For a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC226 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo.

As you can see, I flipped the sketch upright. Then I added some weird fun punched borders, stamped and paper-pieced my l'il birdie on a metal-edged tag, and sanded the dickens out of the DSP.

For all the fascinating product deets, check the Supply List, below.

So, this past Saturday I was hangin' with Sheila when her mail arrived. She ripped open her dentist's bill and went crazy when she saw the huge balance due.

"I'm callin' that yo-yo right now," she proclaimed.

Of course, I had to follow ... it's like a train wreck ... you can't look away.

"I'm beyond shocked!" Sheila complained. "This invoice is three times what you normally charge."

She waited a minute, then slammed the phone down.

"What?" I asked.

"He said that because I screamed so loudly last time I came in, I scared away two other patients."

Yikes!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stamper's Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Bali Breeze" Collection by Stampin' Up (Retired)
  • Stamps: L'il Bird by Imaginisce; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: "Cote d'Azure" Hybrid Ink by Stewart Superior
  • Accessories: Metal-Edge Tag by Making Memories
  • Tools: Tag Maker by Making Memories; Slit Punch by Stampin' Up; 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Dimensional Tape; Sanding Block

11 comments:

Tina said...

The borders are totally cool. Love this!

Michelle (Lady2cu) said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!!

Elena said...

Very cute bird! Love the paper piecing and fun borders!

Danni said...

How fun! I like the way you did the borders and love the colors/paper!!

Ann said...

I have that birdie stamp--never thought to paper piece him, but he looks SO cute that way! Thanks for the idea. ;)

Theresa said...

So pretty! I love the paper pieced birdie and the punched borders are wicked cool!

Chris said...

that reminds me, i bought that stamp a year ago...still havn't inked it up...cute card, i do like the paper piecing...>"<

Sharli said...

I like your card - it's great with the paper piecing.

I LOVE your Sheila story! I can relate as my DD has been living at the dentist as long as I can remember . . . I wonder if her screaming is why I'm in the poor-house?!

Thanks for the inspiration - and the comic relief.

Helen said...

Oh how lovely! We are heading into winter here in South Africa so this is a bright and breezy spring card for me to enjoy!
Helen

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! Love the sweet birdie, piercin and the colors!!Loved your Sheila story! I can relate!

Lisa Olson said...

Oh my gosh I love this card the bird the papers the borders all sooo pretty.
x