Thursday, May 7, 2009

You Make Me Happy ... Most Days

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Today's super-simple card was created with Designer Paper and chipboard flowers. My collection of chipboard appears to be procreating because every time I open my chippy-stash, there's more of 'em! I decided it was time to disrupt the breeding, hence today's project. Fascinating, huh?

I covered my chippy flowers, and created stems, with patterned paper from the one, the only, Cosmo Cricket! This particular paper comes from the "Hello Sunshine" collection.

I stamped my sentiment, from Close to My Heart, available HERE, and mounted it in a label holder from Stampin' Up's "Hodgepodge Hardware" collection. I die-cut some flowers from card stock, threaded some buttons with DMC embroidery floss, created a border with a Martha Stewart punch, and finis! So quick and easy, it's practically illegal!

So, Sheila's mother-in-law has a birthday coming up. Last night, I asked her what they were planning on getting for her.

"Nothing!" Sheila answered.

"Well, that's cold," I responded.

"No, it isn't ... not really. Last year, we bought her a v-e-r-y expensive cemetery plot and since she still hasn't used it, I'm not getting her anything this year."

I. Kid. You. Not!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Hello Sunshine" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamp: "Make My Day" Set by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Real Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Metal Label Holder and Brads from "Styled Silver" Hodgepodge Hardware Collection by Stampin' Up; Buttons by Making Memories; Embroidery Floss by DMC
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; "Flowers" Die by Provo Craft; "Flourish Accents" Die by Spellbinder's; Zig Zag Border Punch by Martha Stewart; Glue Dots by Mini-Glue Dots; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Dimension Tape

7 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Poor Sheila's MIL..are they in such a hurry to get rid of her?? Hope she's not that bad. Cute card, get busy on those chippy things and put them to use. Pat

Ann said...

HA! Your Sheila stories are too much! Great card--way to use up the stash.

redwasher1 said...

Deb your card is wonderful and your stories are too!

Elena said...

Wonderful card, Deb! I love the DP you used for the chipboard flowers!

Chris said...

great sheila story today!! that's what i'm getting my MIl next year...LOL very cute card!! >"<

Lisa Olson said...

Ooo love this Deb, my kind of card love everything flowery. In fact have purchased many SU flower stamps lately so you will see lots of them on my blog soon.
Hope you are well.
XX

Theresa said...

Love this! Great job with the chipboard. I am seriously chipboard challenged and rarely use the stuff.