Monday, May 11, 2009

Craftin' with Kraft ...

Pin It


So, being that it's "Eat What You Want" Day and my birthday, this post will be short so I can get back to eatin' what I want!

Today's card was created for SCS's "Ways to Use It" challenge, WT217. This week's challenge called for the use of Kraft card stock. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the Kool Kraft card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo.

For all the heart-stoppin' product info, check out the Supply List, below.

Sheila ... and her certified-crazy sister, Jill, will be joining us tomorrow. For now, think on this:

The first testicular guard was used in the sport of cricket in 1874; the first sports helmet was used in 1974.

Imagine that: it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brains could also be important!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Kraft Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Autumn" from the Gretel Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: "Best Blossoms" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!; "Cranberry" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Vintage Cream" Hybrid Ink by Papertrey Ink; "Frosted White" Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon by May Arts
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Die by Spellbinders; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig by EK Success; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Foam Tape

12 comments:

Tina said...

This is awfully pretty.

Happy Brithday lady! Hope it's a good one.

purplestamper316 said...

Happy Birthday! Love the color combination on this card- my friends like to tease me that "my cards don't fit into the envelopes" and so I just buy bigger envelopes :) Have a great day:)

Janine said...

HI Deb!! Great card and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a great day!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Happy Birthday funny (and fun) lady! Your last comment about protective gear still has me cracking up. Poor kitties have asked me to warn them now before I open your pages! Couldn't stop clapping and laughing while the poor dears were trying to nap! Not sure which sent them flying up like fourth of july rockets - the clapping or the laughing!

Got any ideas how to send e-mails to Heaven. My Dad would be howling himself silly if he could read this...

So are we talking candles for cupcakes or a whole raging forest fire???? Hah...I know a lady never divulges her age...I just thought the astronauts who launched might like to know what to look for as they flew over Florida...Have a sweet birthday and party hearty my friend.

Thanks as always for sharing the inspiration - Jean

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Deb!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Fabulous card, I love the colors.

Ann said...

Gotta love the kraft! Great card, Deb!

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty, pretty, love your cut-out flowers. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Chris said...

happy fricken birthday!! may you get to eat lots of good stuff today, or maybe drinking would be better. since i turned 40, drinking is the only thing i allow, come to think about it...the 1st 40 years were all about drinking too...imagine that!

also, my calendar says it's national nursing home week...i thought i would go visit some old ppl tomorrow and hide walkers and canes...maybe some depends too. wanna come along? you might like hanging out with me better than sheila....>"<

oh, and one more thing...i live with 3 men...it's all about their family jewels, trust me....LOL no brians needed!

Theresa said...

Alright, I have re-read your post three times (still funny, btw) and I don't see anywhere that it says it's your birthday. Don't remember you mentioning it recently. I'm just going to join the crowd, though, and wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love your card, very cool with the outta the box flowers.

Debra said...

Hope you have a great birthday Deb!

Allison said...

Happy birthday chickadee! I just love your card (great paper...drool!).

Risa said...

Happy Birthday Deb!
Your card is super gorgeous, the flowers and DP are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)