Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nothing Says "Thank You" Like Paper-Pieced Trees:

Pin It


Happy Stump Day hampers!

Today's card was created for my 'thank you' card stash using stamps from Unity Stamp Company. This funky tree stamp is from Unity's "Fresh Beginnings" kit. I'm not sure where the sentiment stamps came from but I do believe they're Unity stamps as well.

To my card base, I adhered a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's "Hello Sunshine" collection. Using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-Jig, I stamped the tree image twice right on the patterned paper; then again on scraps of paper from the same collection. I paper-pieced the tree tops onto my card, stamped my sentiment, and tied a ribbon around the card. Finally, I adhered the whole shebang to my card base. Easy-peasy!

If you wanted to spend more time, you could paper-piece the l'il birdies, too ... but I chose not to; maybe next time.

For the rest of the exciting product info, please refer to the Supply List, below.

Sooooooo, I was hangin' out at Sheila's when her DH came in and mentioned that their wedding anniversary was coming up.

"So, my dear bride," Ken started, "what would make you happy for our anniversary?"

"Hmmmm," Sheila answered, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 200 in about 3 seconds."

"A scale it is then!" Ken exclaimed.

Even though it was a joke ... Sheila is nowhere near over-weight ... she smacked him, told him to get his own dinner and to sleep on the couch. Ah, hah! She's working on a car after all!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stamper's Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Hello Sunshine" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: Tree Stamp and Sentiment by Unity Stamp Company
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 1/2" Twill Ribbon by Cosmo Cricket
  • Tools: Stamp-a-ma-Jig by EK Success; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Scrap Fusion Adhesive by Ivy Scraps

12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is very pretty! Love the sunshine paper and the paper pieced trees! TFS! Have a great day!

Tina said...

This is too too cute! I love those trees!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun super job.

Brenda said...

Another Fabulous card Deb! I agree with you about Unity I love their stamps, just not so fond of the wood mounted ones. TFS

Risa said...

I'm still laughing at Sheila...too funny!
Your card is so cute and fun...I love the cute trees!
hugs
Risa:)

Theresa said...

Ooooh, the paper piecing really makes this card! Love it! ROFLOL, let us know if she gets that car.

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

How lovely! I also like your "clean and simple" from a couple of days ago.

Sharli said...

Deb,
the trees are beautiful with the paper piecing! LOVE this card!

I would have hit him, too! How RUDE!
;-)

Stressed Stamper said...

love the card
Sarah

Elena said...

Awesome card! Love the ribbon and cute tree stamps!
I would have hit Ken too!

Chris said...

i love unity! they have the best damn trees! super fun card i might add...might have to stamp a tree tonight!!

Ann said...

How cute!