Monday, May 18, 2009

Clean and Simple? You Tell Me:

Pin It


Happy Monday, Stampers! Hope your weekend felt like a week!

Today's card was created for SCS's Clean and Simple challenge, CAS14, "Let's Rock and Roll." For all the rockin' challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the card photo gallery, clicky HERE. As always, clicky on the photo for the ginormous view of my card.

While the Rock 'n Roll Technique is certainly fun, and creates a really kewl effect, I find that I always stain my wood mounts. And since I'm way too anal, I then spend hours sanding the stains off my wood mounts. Do you do this too?

I'm also wondering how "clean and simple" this card is ... I'll upload it to SCS anyway, but it seems to be a bit busy for a CAS card. Whaddya think?

TIP: Try doubling up on your foam tape to add even more dimension to your stamped images. This is especially effective when you have more than one cut-out image on your project.

For all the rockin' product info, check out the Supply List, below.

Soooo, this weekend Sheila needed a birthday present for one of Reid-the-Wild-Child's little friends. And, of course, she needed my help. So, off we go to our local Wal-Mart to find a cheap nice birthday gift.

As we were wandering aimlessly through the store, we heard the intercom come on:

"I have a customer in hardware who needs assistance at the paint counter."

Then, a few minutes later, we hear the intercom come on again and, in a tentative voice, we hear a woman page:

"I have a customer by the balls in the toy department and need assistance."

We weren't the only ones in the store who cracked up ... and of course, THEN we had to go to the toy department to check it out shop!

Never a dull moment ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "New England Ivy" Card Stock by Close to My Heart; "Vintage Cream" Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Bella Blossoms" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "New England Ivy," "Sunflower," and "Autumn Terracotta" Dye Inks by Close to My Heart
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities "Labels One" Die by Spellbinders; Nestabilities "Long Rectangle" Die by Spellbinder's; Foam Tape; Sanding Block

13 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my gorgeous, this is amazing! Love it Deb.

LeAnne said...

I always have trouble with this technique, but NO, I do not sand off the ink. I just take my glasses off so I can't see it anymore. It is a LOVELY card---love how you've layered it! I wish I could go to Walmart with you---interesting things always happen to you while there!

Brenda said...

Lovely card Deb! I love this technique but never do it because the staining of wood drives me crazy!

Maria Matter said...

Deb, this is beautiful! The R-n-R technique was a great idea here! Great layering too, you are just too brilliat! Love it!
Blessings, Maria

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Great card. I think it qualifies as C&S. And great joke!!! It's ALMOST clean. :)

Crystal said...

Deb this is beautiful!! what a wonderful card girl!!!

The Wired Angel said...

Loved your story.. I wish I was in the store also.. I would have been all over that!

Love your card.. I think it's exceptional. TFS.

Chris said...

i think it's a great CAS card!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

Sharli said...

Oh my Goodness Deb!!! And to think I almost didn't see this one!!! I'm laughing out loud at your Wal-Mart story.

You know - you inspired me to look up the html code to do strikethrough words. It is so fun to read what you would have said, then what is politically correct.

Now. For the serious stuff. I love this card! The big flowers are just gorgeous, and the variation in color on the edges makes them so different! Not just a plain stamped image - oh No! Yet, not a difficult card to try to copy - I may give it a try myself. :-)

Allison said...

You did such a lovely job here! Impressive! Loving this stamp!

Elena said...

The card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the stamp you used!

Theresa said...

Sooooo pretty! I love the colors you used for the rock and roll. I think it is CAS. I'm just rolling over that story. Had to send that one to DH.