Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm Thinking of Something Round & Pretty:

Pin It


Well, it's just another manic Friday ... wait. No, that's wrong. Here's what it is: it's another fun-tastic Friday!

Today's card was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS13. This week, it's another sketch challenge. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS13 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo.

To create this simple card, I simply punched out pieces of designer paper, in this case, MME's "Bloom" collection. I love this collection so get ready to see too much lots of it here!

TIP: If you're like me, it kills you to make that first cut into a sheet of gorgeous patterned paper. For this project, I punched my 1" circles out of the preview sheet in the front of the package. You get to use the paper without actually using the paper; a dream come true for paper hoarders ... like you ... and me.

I simply mounted my DP punchies on 1 1/2" card stock punchies, stamped my sentiment, and mounted the whole shebang on my purty white card stock. Oh. I used my SU "Word Window" punch to create a l'il seat for my sentiment block, adding to the "circular" effect I got goin' on here, KWIM?

For the rest of the mind-blowing product info, check out the Supply List, below.

So, last night I was hangin' out with Sheila and her family when Reid-the-Wild-Child asked her DH:

"Daddy, are you the boss of the house?"

Ken replied, "Yes, I am the boss of the house."

"Oh," Reid said, "Did Mommy tell you that you can play boss tonight, Daddy?"

He gets it ... Sheila's soooo proud!

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day all you mothers!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Bloom" from the "Bloom & Grow" Collection by My Mind's Eye
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Trendy Trees" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Ummm ...
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Long Rectangle Die by Spellbinder's; 1" Circle Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; 1 1/4" Circle Punch by EK Success; Word Window Punch by Stampin' Up; Foam Dimension Tape; Scrap Fusion Adhesive by Ivy Scraps

13 comments:

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Round inchies! Love the concept.
Thanks for sharing this wow idea!
hugs and blessings - Jean

Julie Koerber said...

This card is too cute miss Deb! Love the story about Sheila's little guy too -- perfect for mom's day! :-)

Tina said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love this. The dp is so pretty.

Brenda said...

Fab card Ced!! Thanks for the tip on use the preview sheet, I so hate cutting into a beautiful piece of paper for the first time. Great story!!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous card, Deb! I LOVE the paper hoarding tip. I absolutely hate to cut into a new sheet. Can't help it. It's a sickness. Is there a colony for people like us?

Chris said...

cute card! i forgot to do this one this week...come to think of it i forgot lots of things this week...damn CRS!!

Ann said...

Fab job with the sketch, Deb! That paper is one of my current faves.

Sharli said...

Oh yes, you've got us figured out alright! Paper hoarders!! We will someday have to join a support group - stand in front of everyone and raise our hand - I, Sharli, am a paper hoarder. Everyone will nod and smile and say "now don't you feel better?"

LOVE the card - Almost forgot to tell you! The circles are very interesting!

Allison said...

Terrific...you make me wanna do this sketch too! Great tip on using the preview paper...ha!

LeAnne said...

Deb, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I must get some of that paper--it is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this and the little tidbits of your life--so funny & cute! And I left you an award on my blog, so check it out!
LeAnne

Lisa Olson said...

Wow Deb this is such a great layout and concept, love the way you have put this together.
Thanks for stopping by. How's your back any better?
x

Elena said...

Oh, I love your idea with the paper, Deb! and what a cute card! Love those circles!

LeAnne said...

How pathetic I am....more like forgetful! I commented here, then saw it again on SCS and commented again, like I never saw it the FIRST time! I guess I just like it that much!