Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kraft "Best Blossoms" Redux ...

Pin It


Happy Hump Day, stampers! This week's flyin' by, huh?!?

Today's card was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS16. This week, the challenge was to remake one of your own cards. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS16 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my cards, clicky right there on the photos.

So, this ^ is my do-over of this card:

This ^ card really did need a make-over ... it's just way a l'il too busy. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the execution? Ummm, not so much.

As you can see, I eliminated the patterned paper, the too-large bow, and the excess leaves. I also eliminated the sponged-on white ink around the edges of the focal image.

What I did do was swap the kraft mat for a mat cut from a book published in 1897, and stamped a sentiment. Otherwise, these cards are identical!

For all the mind-boggling product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooo, this weekend, the DH and I went downtown for dinner. We decided to take a stroll through the nearby park to 'walk it off.'

So after we'd walked forever a bit, we sat on a bench to rest and almost immediately could overhear voices coming from a secluded spot behind us.

"Omigosh," I whispered to the DH, "he's gonna propose to his girlfriend!"

Not wanting to eavesdrop at such an intimate moment, I nudged the DH and said, "Whistle and let that couple know that someone can hear them."

"Whistle?" the DH asked incredulously, "Why should I whistle? Nobody whistled to warn me!"

Yikes!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Kraft" by Papertrey Ink
  • Other Paper: Vintage Book Page Published in 1897
  • Stamps: "Best Blossoms" Set by Stampin' Up!; Sentiment from "Bella Blossoms" by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Vintage Cream" Hybrid Ink by Papertrey Ink; "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Cranberry" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon by May Arts
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Die by Spellbinders; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

18 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

I know you redid the second card, but I love them both...the before and the after. I especially love the colors! I wish I could do clean & simple as lovely as you do. Wanna come to NC and give me some pointers?;o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

chelemom said...

I love how you redid your card! the simplicity of it is very striking! Your story is too funny! (Everytime we see a limo with a newly married couple, my husband says, Suckers!)

Michelle (Lady2cu) said...

Deb, I love your made over card! Beautiful colors, and striking in its simplicity.

Your story is so funny! Maybe be ALL could have used a little warning? LOL!

Chris said...

ok, i liked the original one...ok i like the new one too! my hubs would agree, he was not warned...he still tells the boys that my dad paid him to take me...gotta love him...

Tina said...

Wow, love the redo...but the first was pretty as well.

Ann said...

Love this redo, Deb! Wasn't this a fun challenge?

Cindy Haffner said...

So fun, I love both!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both cards are gorgeous Deb!! i do love your remake more because the flowers do stand out more!! You are too funny....I love your stories!!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Deb! Hope you are doing well!
I like both cards, personally! The first is simply stunning and the backing papers on the other are gorgeous! Somethng for everyone!
Funny story...I have one for you!
We have a friend that went to visit his parents on their 40th annv. When he got there his dad was sitting in the corner crying..."what's wrong dad, this should be a happy day!" "Well", dad said, "ten yrs after marrying your mom I wanted to strangle her but my lawyer said I'd get 30yrs of jail time....tonight I would have been a free man!"
Have a great day!
blessings, Maria

LeAnne said...

Wow, Deb, I love this redo! Using the book page for a background is AWESOME! Now I wonder where I could find an old book? I feel a yard sale trip coming on!

Brenda said...

I just love your totally funny stories, you have a wonderful outlook to see the humor in everyday life. Thank you for sharing you wonderful stories.

Now on to your card, I really liked the first one when you posted it awhile back, but the remake is outstanding. I need to get me some old books to use, fabulous idea.

Elena said...

I love both of them! They are so beautiful in their own ways!

Sharli said...

Deb,
Loved the first card - and love the remake (maybe even more?) especially with the writing on the page. Way cool!!!

Your story is hilarious! I so-o-o look forward to your blog!

Theresa said...

Oooh, I love the new look! The first one is fabulous, but the new one with the CAS design is stunning!

Love that story. Nobody warned me either.

Allison said...

Great work...love ideas with an old SAB set!

Risa said...

Both of your cards are awesome Deb! My fav. is the first one, I so love Kraft c/s!
hugs
risa:)

wendyp said...

love the simplicty of the design and the kraft paper just makes the flower images pop! Awesome card!!!

Shirley said...

YOur cards are wonderful as always. Your stroll with hubby was pricelss.