Happy Hump Day, stampers! This week's flyin' by, huh?!?
Today's card was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS16. This week, the challenge was to remake one of your own cards. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS16 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my cards, clicky right there on the photos.
So, this ^ is my do-over of this card:
This ^ card really did need a make-over ... it's just
way a l'il too busy. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the execution? Ummm, not so much.
As you can see, I eliminated the patterned paper, the too-large bow, and the excess leaves. I also eliminated the sponged-on white ink around the edges of the focal image.
What I did do was swap the kraft mat for a mat cut from a book published in 1897, and stamped a sentiment. Otherwise, these cards are identical!
For all the mind-boggling product info, check out the supply list, below.
Sooooooo, this weekend, the DH and I went downtown for dinner. We decided to take a stroll through the nearby park to 'walk it off.'
So after we'd walked
forever a bit, we sat on a bench to rest and almost immediately could overhear voices coming from a secluded spot behind us.
"Omigosh," I whispered to the DH, "he's gonna propose to his girlfriend!"
Not wanting to eavesdrop at such an intimate moment, I nudged the DH and said, "Whistle and let that couple know that someone can hear them."
"Whistle?" the DH asked incredulously, "Why should I whistle? Nobody whistled to warn me!"
- Card Stock: "Kraft" by Papertrey Ink
- Other Paper: Vintage Book Page Published in 1897
- Stamps: "Best Blossoms" Set by Stampin' Up!; Sentiment from "Bella Blossoms" by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Vintage Cream" Hybrid Ink by Papertrey Ink; "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Cranberry" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
- Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon by May Arts
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Die by Spellbinders; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"